Thinking about a 1" Body Lift - Thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I'm debating doing a 1" body lift since my alternative lift options are basically non-existant (2wd). Anybody have any thoughts on this? Will I have any issues with the transmission-to-column linkages or anything else? I figure 1" isnt all that much... Thoughts?

brianhannon

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
383/ TH350/10 Bolt
You can do a suspension lift, just depends on how much you want to spend

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Yup I dug for years and the search finally came up with that this year. Thing is if these lift companies were thinking right they could sell this stiff as a bundle. I'm betting this is why we see so many dropped 2wd squares.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Why the lift? Just curious...

I don't see an issue with a 1" lift either. You probably will have minor issues, but if you are willing to put on a lift I'm sure you are willing to deal with those issues. Shifter linkages, brake lines, gaps here and there, fan to shroud clearance, steering shaft angle...

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Hmm... That 88-98 spindle idea is interesting, I would be curious though if it would work with my dually...

I would like the lift because I'm not a fan of how low this truck is - I mean come on my old 99 2wd Durango rode higher. I'm not looking for a lot, just something to get it up closer to what the modern trucks are like.

Has anyone done a body lift? If so how can I fix some of the things Green79 spoke of above?

Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
No
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Not sure where you are getting a one inch body lift, but I do like their kit for it being Billet. http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/oneinchlift.htm.

I know everybody hates on body lifts and In fact I have removed a 3inch BL from my 97 but personally I dont see anything wrong with them.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have a 3" body lift I will sell as soon as I get it off my truck. Not sure if it's the same from 2wd/4wd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
No
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have a 3" body lift I will sell as soon as I get it off my truck. Not sure if it's the same from 2wd/4wd

Where were you a week ago lol, I just ordered one for my truck

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Where were you a week ago lol, I just ordered one for my truck

I have been planning on taking it off for 6 months, but I had to spend my suspension lift money on tires.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Not sure where you are getting a one inch body lift, but I do like their kit for it being Billet. http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/oneinchlift.htm.

I know everybody hates on body lifts and In fact I have removed a 3inch BL from my 97 but personally I dont see anything wrong with them.

Thats the one I was looking at. Price is decent, and I like that they are solid billet. I'm thinking I'll go for it in the new year.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
So will I have any issues with the tranny linkage? What should I do about the radiator shroud?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eri24