TH350 Clicking and bogging- I am stumped!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redneck_reed78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Braden
Truck Year
1987, 1991
Truck Model
R30, Suburban
Engine Size
I have something that sounds like a rod knock, and I am also losing power and cutting out going up hills but I am thinking that it is from the transmission. Not really sure what exactly it could be, the thing has about 20,000 miles on a rebuild a few years ago. Another thing that is odd about it is that every now and again the transmission dipstick pops out a little bit like there is pressure or something. Other than that the truck runs great and even under hard acceleration it doesn't really have any problems. I am pretty stumped here so anyone who knows anything please say so!:shrug:

Trevor8186

Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 w/ th350
Check your flywheel bolts, **** even check if the transmission is snugged up to the block. I recently had the same sound, it was a mixture of the above

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

redneck_reed78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Braden
Truck Year
1987, 1991
Truck Model
R30, Suburban
Engine Size
Check your flywheel bolts, **** even check if the transmission is snugged up to the block. I recently had the same sound, it was a mixture of the above

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Will do that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blazermaniac