Am I missing brackets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dano500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hi all,
I am looking to get a/c going and about to order the compressor. From what I have found, looks like 'bracketry' is complete,
but I thought I'd ask. By looking at brackets, I would assume it is the shorter compressor between the two I have seen that
are available online.

-TIA
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_9751 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_9751 Medium.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 64

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
The original compressors are generally not very reliable. You might look for a kit to convert to a new Sanden. I know they have kits to convert the big boat anchor A6 compressor, so I assume you can also convert from the smaller compressor.

I used a Sanden on my ‘75, but found a local shop that could make hoses with the correct fittings on each end, so I didn’t need any adapter or kit. My mounting brackets for the Sanden are from Vintage Air.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The original compressors are generally not very reliable. You might look for a kit to convert to a new Sanden. I know they have kits to convert the big boat anchor A6 compressor, so I assume you can also convert from the smaller compressor.

I used a Sanden on my ‘75, but found a local shop that could make hoses with the correct fittings on each end, so I didn’t need any adapter or kit. My mounting brackets for the Sanden are from Vintage Air.
Respectfully disagree, R4 compressors are decent. Almost all R4 compressors I replaced are dry, no oil. It's not the compressor it's lack of lubrication. One of my commercial trucks had over 300k with original compressor. Agree the newer style compressors are more efficient, quieter, and lighter. Worth a conversion?

A6 might consider a conversion if the compressor needs replacement, just for the weight alone.