TC to flex plate gap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
You must be registered for see images attach
Its been a while since I pulled my old motor and I can’t recall.

I just installed my sbc. Is it normal to need to pull the tc towards the flex plate 1/8-3/16” once everything is bolted up tight except the 6 flex plate to tc bolts?

Everything rotated freely and is plumb. All bellhousing bolts and clamshells are tight.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Lol, never mind!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Glad you got it figured out. I was about to start tagging people to come to your thread and saw the question on your build thread, too. :)

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Glad you got it figured out. I was about to start tagging people to come to your thread and saw the question on your build thread, too. :)

I noticed the build threads don’t come up in the recent threads box on the screen like normal posts do. That is, at least the ones posted under the individual subcategories.

If I’m hoping for a quicker response I’ll put a post in one of the other categories. More people tend to see it and respond.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I noticed the build threads don’t come up in the recent threads box on the screen like normal posts do. That is, at least the ones posted under the individual subcategories.

If I’m hoping for a quicker response I’ll put a post in one of the other categories. More people tend to see it and respond.
I saw your build thread when I clicked "new posts" :shrug: after you view the thread it won't show up in "new posts" anymore but will show up in "Today's Posts" and such.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

I never noticed that. Huh.
I always completely ignore that box at the bottom. I always click on the New Posts and Today's Posts buttons up at the top.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I never noticed that. Huh.
I always completely ignore that box at the bottom. I always click on the New Posts and Today's Posts buttons up at the top.
me too lol

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
Me three :wave:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
it is when it is fourcefully touching, then you can get big problems
Exactly, that means you've not got the converter set in the pump gears correctly or there is something not right in the transmission.

I've actually seen them with as much as 1/2 inch and they were fine. Some of the converter snouts have a longer slot to engage the pump gears. I've also seen where some have put a thick washer in between the converter and flex plate before running the bolt through. Many times that is to put the conveter in a different position to cure a leak where the front seal cut a groove in the converter snout.