Strange square holes in case...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesMilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Awesome, thanks fellas! I never realized there was a hole there. Looks like I need to do some more cleaning on the Chevelle so I can find it.
I watched a lot of transmission rebuild videos by Precision Transmission on YouTube before I decided to try to tackle this project. He has a lot of knowledge of all transmissions for chevy. You should check out some of his videos.

I'm following his rebuild steps minus the fully manual setup for the th350. And he has cool tricks to help in the teardown and rebuild.

BENR9898

Reaction score
First Name
Myron
Truck Year
79 & 84
Truck Model
both K10
Engine Size
350 & 454
While I can say I am no expert, but I have tried the same thing with an outdrive from a boat and ended up replacing the out drive. If there is any part that has tolerances you may be better off getting a new case.

JamesMilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
While I can say I am no expert, but I have tried the same thing with an outdrive from a boat and ended up replacing the out drive. If there is any part that has tolerances you may be better off getting a new case.
There's a transmission shop a little over a mile down the road from me, I'll just take the case there to get his opinion on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8