Stimulus Check, Header Nightmare and Regrets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
First relief check is for any dependent of any age you claim

I believe the guys 18 or 19.
His parents may claim him.....

BUT...

I just assumed he made the big bucks lol

19. I wish it was because of making big bucks, although what I don't make at work gets balanced out by free browsing of the scrap rack, cut in half snap on tools, and free reign of the entire shop and all machines after hours.

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
19. I wish it was because of making big bucks, although what I don't make at work gets balanced out by free browsing of the scrap rack, cut in half snap on tools, and free reign of the entire shop and all machines after hours.
Well if you want to make money don't chose a state job because i work for local city govt and state and the pay is CRAP.

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
One more thing you need to consider a vocational college for your skills and get set up to work in a automotive dealership. Yeah there is BS constraints and terrible people to deal with but the $$$ is really good.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
One more thing you need to consider a vocational college for your skills and get set up to work in a automotive dealership. Yeah there is BS constraints and terrible people to deal with but the $$$ is really good.

Will be starting my second year of trade school for Precision machining technology this fall, Where I work now as a Machinist/Tool grinder is a pretty nice gig, with overhead to grow as time progresses. I plan to stick with them unless things go **** up or the environment changes too much (were purchased by a large company as of early this year, some of the "corporate" effects have already began to arise), Get along with all the guys like I've been there for 20 years, only one shift, smaller in size, close to home, flexible with school schedule, plant manager is a long time friend of mine.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
So who paid for the headers?:happy160:

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
So who paid for the headers?
My father brokered the deal, with me providing him full reimbursement for said beer. They were from one of his customers 77 k10 that he had torn down to restore it and wanted them gone.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
No check for me but, hedders came with the BBC when I bought it and transmission off guy in town.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I got long tubes on my 502ci, they came from dad.

Since he's never really been into trucks, I'm gonna assume these I have must be for a car, the drivers side kinda does a funky direction.

No matter, they sound good going to a 3" collector and thru a little under 2 feet of 3" pipe.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The checks are basically an advanced tax credit. So the way the first law was written that distributed them there is no tax liability because of them if you qualified and received one. (Strange circumstances like you got one and you really didn't qualify I didn't dig that deep). But you are correct. Me , you and your and my kids will be paying for all this money for decades. Higher taxes will come on all of us or parts of our income earners to pay all this back. But anyway. Back to why this guy's truck gets so hot it almost burns down under daily driving.:p:33:
Still claimed as a dependent, parents got the extra bread in theirs because of me. While it would have been nice to get that extra $$, I'm not too concerned about it, I keep the mindset of no such thing as a free lunch, there is ALWAYS a catch to these "Free" things in life, even if not immediate.

Haven't reached the point in life yet where I'm above the cutoff... although at 19 I still have some time ahead of me yet.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
My father brokered the deal, with me providing him full reimbursement for said beer. They were from one of his customers 77 k10 that he had torn down to restore it and wanted them gone.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
**** man I don't need an alibi, I do appreciate the backstory though.:D Wish I had a buddy like you back in the day when I wanted to get further into cars but people around weren't really into cars like I was.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I was looking at something on the next one and saw this in the article which made me remember this about the first check. A dependent over 17 (which my be what you are?) even if in school did not get any money paid to their gardian/parents. 17-24 year old dependents did not receive any money toward their household. NOW if your parents do not claim you on their taxes and you file your own taxes as single filer you are eligible and can go to the website and fill out your information for your check. If I was you I would check with your parents. This is basically a tax credit, or look at it as a refund on your past paid taxes.

Ok back to junk header discussion.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I work for the federal government. I didn't get a stimulus cause my household income was too high. I'm perfectly ok with that. What really pissed me off is that others in the gov did get it. Nobody in the gov was impacted and nobody got laid off.

I'm not a fan of borrowing money from China for handouts when our national debt is well into the trillions. And to the very government that caused this mess upon the world.

We have the most incompetent, greedy politicians on the planet. Consider for a moment how much leverage China has over us. They give us Covid, highjack our drug supply and then loan us money to deal with it.

Unbelievable.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
We all did:p:Big Laugh:

Edit: Oops I though he was quoting the OP at first.

I'll give you a ride in the s10 if you want, some of the rona relief went into it.

Mostly my money out of pocket though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy