Stimulus Check, Header Nightmare and Regrets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
I work for the federal government. I didn't get a stimulus cause my household income was too high. I'm perfectly ok with that. What really pissed me off is that others in the gov did get it. Nobody in the gov was impacted and nobody got laid off.

I'm not a fan of borrowing money from China for handouts when our national debt is well into the trillions. And to the very government that caused this mess upon the world.

We have the most incompetent, greedy politicians on the planet. Consider for a moment how much leverage China has over us. They give us Covid, highjack our drug supply and then loan us money to deal with it.

Unbelievable.
I work for state and local govt and i am at the bottom of the barrel so i know what you mean.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'll give you a ride in the s10 if you want, some of the rona relief went into it.

Mostly my money out of pocket though.
If I am at my farm and for whatever reason I make it to your part of NC I'll look you up for my ride!:Big Laugh:

Rhett Croley

Reaction score
First Name
Rhett
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I've regretted every time I put headers on my trucks, come to think of it. I put just put Sanderson high flow manifolds on my K5's 496 big-block project and I frickin love em(@$600). I baked them to 400 degrees, took them straight out of the oven, hung them up and put a can of high heat black on each one then did it again. The whole front end of the truck inside and out is much quieter, especialy inside the cab. Best of all, no more header gasket repairs. I'm going to try the SBC version next time I build a small block(@$400).

Ozzy

Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
First, I would like to say my truck ran fine with stock exhaust manifolds and I was happy with them…….Then I got my stimulus check. For some reason the money started burning a hole in my pocket and I needed to buy something for my 1975 Chevy Stepside. I decided to get some headers. Due to being lowered, I went with the mid length so I wouldn’t bottom out and scrape over speed bumps, etc. I got the Hedman Street Headers. They came with a temporary coating that I had to media blast to remove. I thought I was saving a couple hundred by not getting the ceramic coated. All the time and work to remove the coating and clean and paint with VHT flameproof ceramic paint, I wish I would have spent the extra money and bought the ceramic coated ones .
Upon test fitting them, I found they were made for the turbo 350 trans. I had to trim about ½” off my 700R4 case for clearance (ball and socket type headers). After installation, I found I had to change to “shorty” plugs due to the clearance. I also used the plug wire sheaths to protect the plug wires from getting burnt. I didn’t care for the look of the sheaths and chose to get the under header Moroso wires. They are 8.5mm covered the entire length with heat sheathing making them 9.8mm thick. I could only find one wire loom capable of fitting this thick of plug wire. Next came the starter. The solenoid was too close to the header (heat wise) so I had to put the Powermaster 9100 (I heard about on this forum) so I could “clock” the starter to move it farther away from the header. It has been like dominos, one thing after another. I’m now wishing I would have just kept my stock manifolds, with stock spark plugs and wires and spent my stimulus check on something else for my 75 Stepside. What a nightmare!

What has everyone else spent their stimulus checks on and does anyone else have any regrets?
You say direct, was there another? I must've not qualified if there was lmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD