Steering Column Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86K5

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Ive had a war with the steering column in the Blazer since I bought it and it just wont give up! Spent the last couple of weeks working on a tilt column that was newer that the truck, its an 86 but the dash is outta a 91 suburban. So im assuming thats where this sh@tty steering coulmn came from. Thought I finally had it fixed after this weekend by installing a salvage 86 non tilt column, and it drove better that it had since I got the thing. Of course theres more to the story, the salavge column had a sh@tty aftermarket steering wheel:doublepuke:. When I removed it I put the cancel cam from the tilt wheer as the aftermarket wheel would not work. I drove alot yesterday but i knew I had issues with the horn not working and the turn signal not cancelling. Went and bought a new cancel cam and now the tube for the horn switch is out of alignment. Does that mean that the horn "hole" is in different locations on a 88-93 steering wheel? It seems very close, what now?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Here's a link I had saved. It shows a guy pulling the column of a 1989 Pontiac Bonneville apart. After he gets the steering wheel off everything should start to look familiar - the column guts are the same across all divisions and up till 1991.

http://www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com...topic6941.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alysco