Speedometer Cable Discovery!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
I had the same problems as you all did, bouncy speedo, I changed out the junker thinking it was broken in some fashion but it wasn't. I too put an AC Delco speedo cable and now speedo works like it should. Made in Mexico but at least it's on the same continent!:dancingpoop:
I take the 'Made in Mexico' as a good sign too. Probably still from OEM production.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I had the same problems as you all did, bouncy speedo, I changed out the junker thinking it was broken in some fashion but it wasn't. I too put an AC Delco speedo cable and now speedo works like it should. Made in Mexico but at least it's on the same continent!:dancingpoop:

I honestly prefer Mexico to anywhere else besides here and Canada. The third brake light on my Caprice was made in Spain, though, and I’ve seen aftermarket parts made in Israel so I feel good about those, too.

crpntr78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yep, almost anywhere but China!!

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
as a note the cables with the knurled nuts at both ends are for cruise control.

note #2 if the cable doesn't want to click into the speedo, unscrew the end at the trans/transfer case. this allows the cable to move a little so it goes together easier. when you go to reconnect the other end you can twist the cable with needle nose a little if it doesn't line up right.

highdesertranger

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84