SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME very appreciated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codesteez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
No none of that but I need to do that I think I was more hoping that was it... Real quick I can't really turn the motor to much the opposite direction but I can get it to go a little for sure wen I go back the other the crank turns before the rotor moves does that make sense

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Go in the normal direction - CW facing the engine -and watch the rotor move. It doesn't matter where it's pointing.

When it starts to move, stop and rotate the crankshaft CCW. Just enough until you see the rotor start to move in the opposite direction.

Use a piece of chalk and make some kind of reference marks. One on on the balancer and another on any convenient stationary point. The closer the marks to each other the better.

Again, but slowly this time, rotate the crankshaft in the CW direction. Carefully observe the rotor. Just as soon as you detect any movement of the rotor, stop and note the degree of seperation between the 2 marks you made.

codesteez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yes I have one catylitic converter and its brand that and a new muffler

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
wen I go back the other the crank turns before the rotor moves does that make sense

Yes, it makes sense. There is going to be some lost motion - but we are trying to determine if you have too much.

The amount that the crankshaft needs to be rotated should be less than 1/2" on the outer diameter. And it needs to be checked in the normal direction (i.e. CW) and also after it has been rotated CCW a bit.

codesteez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Everything I grab on to to turn ccw breaks free but I understand now it moves instantly cw but if I go ccw first then cw there is some play but I cant go ccw enough to get the rotor to spin the other way because everything I use busts loose

codesteez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So I got it to spin holding with with hands ccw until the rotor turned the other way so then I went cw it maybe moves a 1/4 of an inch maybe from my mark undneath on the oil pan

codesteez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Obviously my chain is okay its gotta something else

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Obviously my chain is okay its gotta something else

I forgot....did you check timing already? And, how does it run with the choke on? Pinging can also be a lean condition, caused by the carb, or a vacuum leak.....Oh ****...hold on. You have a computer if thats a California truck. take a pic of your carburetor, and post it up?

Last edited:

codesteez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Trying to figure out how to attach it and it runs okay after it runs for about a min then if u drive it for twenty thirty minutes it rums so bad pings makes all kinds weird noices give it gas sputters

codesteez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

Attachments

• IMG_20130815_200158.jpg
    IMG_20130815_200158.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 128

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Trying to figure out how to attach it and it runs okay after it runs for about a min then if u drive it for twenty thirty minutes it rums so bad pings makes all kinds weird noices give it gas sputters

Send it to me...

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Ok, got it. this is a little bit of a game changer. first thing I want you to do, is locate the 4 pin plug coming off the distributor, and make sure its plugged in. That same connector has to be unplugged to set base timing, which is 6* BTDC. Do that, then we will check the egr solenoid and valve operation.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
also, does the carb make a ticking noise with the key on?

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Ok, good. lets confirm the timing when you get a chance, with the 4wire dist plug un plugged.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85