Sliding Back Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
I'm looking for an intact sliding back glass for the 73-87. I suppose the later 80s glasses will fit the 73-80 models as well. I'm looking for the aluminium sliding glass in particular. I could care less about what sort of tint it has on it, or if it has any at all.

Here's a reference of what I'm talking about.

attachment.php

Thanks!

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
I think NE is a little far to ship a peice of glass.

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
Bingo. Easiest way to go about it.

PS.. why do you want sliding back glass over solid?
Mine has slider and I sort of wish it had solid. :pimp:

It gets too damn hot and humid here in the Carolinas, so it's a real kick in the ass. And that sliding window feels so lovely. And I've never been a fan of solids in old trucks, unless it's the mini-back windows.

As for that one on LMC, I'm more interested in finding the silver/aluminium framed ones like I sometimes see in stock trucks. They're rare to find and I've ebayed, craigslisted, and everything trying to find one, but no cigar.

@Driver4r: Depending on how much shipping would cost, I wouldn't mind at all, if it was the one like in the picture. Just let me know, man.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I think the aluminum framed ones were aftermarket. My '84 slider window appears to be factory but I don't know for sure. It's dated '84 and the rubber gasket has the chrome strip in it.

And slider windows are best! If it's warm enough outside, you can bet on my slider being open.

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
I think the aluminum framed ones were aftermarket. My '84 slider window appears to be factory but I don't know for sure. It's dated '84 and the rubber gasket has the chrome strip in it.

And slider windows are best! If it's warm enough outside, you can bet on my slider being open.

Really? I see some with them, and then I see some without them. There's one across my street with the aluminium framed slider. The truck was his dad's, so I doubt he'd be willing to trade any part of the truck or sell any part of it. I'd love to buy his slider from him though, or give him mine along with a little bit of cash.

But I've looked absolutely everywhere and all I can find is the black framed ones. :( Absolutely no luck at all.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'll try to get a pic of mine tomorrow so you can see it. I'd imagine most of the aftermarket windows built in the last 15-20 years have black frames, and the older ones had aluminum frames. I'd also bet that a lot of them were installed at the dealer when the trucks were new.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear

My aluminum framed window is factory in my truck.

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
V8
Drive it out here to California and I'll swap you the one off my truck. :D Here in the concrete jungle, rear sliders are just easier access for someone to pry open and steal your vehicle. :(

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Is this what your looking for?

You must be registered for see images attach

If so I will be in Columbia SC starting Tuesday of next week and you can come get it.

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
I think the alumium frame ones were factory in most of the squares. I have several of them that were factory equipped ones. Most of the black ones I have have a aftermarket sticker on them.

If you were closer I could hook you up on one, but I hate shipping glass

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
Is this what your looking for?

If so I will be in Columbia SC starting Tuesday of next week and you can come get it.

That is exactly what I'm looking for, Rob. How much do you want for it? I'll see what I can do. My dad's in control of rather I can go or not. :p But I'd love to have it, man. And he's the one who said he'd rather have a factory-original in it than the black aftermarket stuff.

@Towjoe: It's all good, man! No worries.

Last edited:

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
25 bucks if you come get it. I really don't want to ship it.

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
25 bucks if you come get it. I really don't want to ship it.

I can definitely do the price, man. I'll just have to see if I can ride down there. I do appreciate it, though. I'll see what my dad wants to do, and if he gives me the thumbs up, I'll shoot you a message or something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef