V15 sliding side glass adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buicknut

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
I know there is a set screw on the outer/forwardmost piece of glass. Do you adjust those like the door cozy wings to get more or less air in the back? :shakehead: Or is it just for security?

Attachments

• 89jimmy15 (4).jpg
    89jimmy15 (4).jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 89jimmy15 (6).jpg
    89jimmy15 (6).jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 89jimmy15 (7).jpg
    89jimmy15 (7).jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 33

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I don't understand the question?

The forward half of the side glass slides rearward for open air enjoyment. The wing glass rotates by hand to direct air into the opening for even more open air enjoyment.

Buicknut

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
I don't understand the question?

The forward half of the side glass slides rearward for open air enjoyment. The wing glass rotates by hand to direct air into the opening for even more open air enjoyment.
The quarter glass slides open but the cozy wing is either hard to move or frozen, I just didn't want to break anything if I could avoid it. I am referring all to the quarter glass, not the door glass/vent. I think you answered my question.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The quarter glass slides open but the cozy wing is either hard to move or frozen, I just didn't want to break anything if I could avoid it. I am referring all to the quarter glass, not the door glass/vent. I think you answered my question.

Yeah, the pivot points on the "cozy" wing are probably froze up. I'd try a few applications of penetrating oil and see if that helps. I'd be afraid to go straight for messing with the set screw, in fear of stripping it out.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Yeah, the pivot points on the "cozy" wing are probably froze up. I'd try a few applications of penetrating oil and see if that helps. I'd be afraid to go straight for messing with the set screw, in fear of stripping it out.
Don't ask me how I know but, do not be drunk in the back seat of a brand new 82 Blazer with the sliding window open at 90+ mph and fling the back of that wing window forward.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@WFO there's gotta be more to THAT story, I'm askin'...........c'mon spill it!!!
Not much more to tell, except that wing window was spinnin so fast I couldn't stop it and it was making a scary screaming noise. Kind of like when you blow compressed air to dry solvent out of a wheel bearing.
I just knew it was going to launch, and was hoping if it did, it would go outside.
Finally got my buddy, (he was drunk too) to slow down enough to where I could grab it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod