Vent Window/Back Window Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I rebuilt mine with parts from LMC & Precision. Wasn't that difficult. Converting the rear glass to a slider was a bigger PITA.

84c10Tony

Howdy!
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Was 84
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Well, after my dad said something to the effect of "people have a grand of crap in their garage, and a thirty grand vehicle sittin' outside".
Hmm,...so Nice shed time, finished and painted to look like your house, it will help sell the one car garage house for the next guy/girl/wife etc., and have your truck inside the garage where it belongs.

And then, send the parts out to rebuild or what ever you want.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Luckily Precision is now producing the factory rear slider seal.
This. Just as of recently. Idk if one would even need to remove the window from the truck to replace the slider gaskets.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@JamesSam
You could always remove the windows and just tape some plastic over them.
For the vent windows, how handy and how much you willing to do.
Just R&R first time is probably the better part of a day.
To rebuild them, not super technical but the seals are a bitch to press back in. Moreso, it’s a lot of hours to disassemble, prep, paint, then cure the paint and reassemble. I had probably at least 20 hours total including R&R and rebuilding. But $40 vs $600-$800 for new/rebuilt ones. My latches were fine, so no $ there. But those are easy to do anyways. Not time consuming.
If you do them yourself, watch more than one video first. I ended up splitting the curved portion from the straight part with the window track. Didn’t need to. Added more time to my re-assembly.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Thanks everyone for the responses. I am definitely thinking on this one. Typically the longer I think on doing things to the truck the more likely I am to talking myself in to doing the work myself. Currently I am dealing with the drafty sound. It's not that bad even at highway speeds, to me anyway. Soon I will most likely get these done myself when I can get a cover over the truck. I will probably try to solve my dual tank issues first. I am wrapping my mind around dropping the old drivers tank, replacing all components on it and all the fuel lines/hoses. I will leave the passenger tank for now since it works currently. Supposing I will find out if the selector valve is bad when I get in to all this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod