Shudder while taking off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamtherealJayy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1987, 1978, 1976
Truck Model
V20, K10, K10
Engine Size
350, 350, 350
@SquareRoot these werent the average trailer park drunks, these were the people I had to knock on the door and wait a half hour for them to wake up after thinking I was the cops trying to “get em” no hard feelings I gave 1500 for the jalopy non running, dude brought the carb outside to me, and now it’s got a 5.3l ls in it

JBswth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
292 cubic inches
Front bearing retainer wear, fork wear, ect. Be sure to get the flywheel turned, bolt the pressure plate down evenly.
Another thing that can
1978 Chevrolet K10 350/SM465/NP205. I’m going to start with saying this truck is my work truck and it has a utility bed on it mostly full of all my tools. The truck had an issue a while back where you literally could not take off in first it would shake so bad similar to a wheel hop feeling, so I started using low to take off. After a few weeks I couldn’t take off in low either. Replaced motor mounts(cooked lol) it’s somewhat better, I can take off in first if it’s perfectly level or down hill, but if there’s any resistance taking off it still shudders. Could this be some other mount somewhere? The transfer case looks solid nothing appears loose. Could this be in my clutch? There’s a loud obnoxious squealing noise while the pedal is pressed. I’m not positive where the engagement of the pedal needs to be since this is my only mechanical clutch truck(other is hydraulic) I currently have it adjusted to as close to the floor as possible since I prefer it to start moving when I start letting off(probably a good 2” off floor before it grabs) but it does grab almost all at once, there is nothing smooth about taking off in this truck. Will provide photos of anything requested.
Does your engine run smoothly at idle and low RPM? Having a weak cylinder can also cause clutch chatter.

Mike

iamtherealJayy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1987, 1978, 1976
Truck Model
V20, K10, K10
Engine Size
350, 350, 350
Sometimes it would shake in neutral at idle and I could press the clutch and it smoothed out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128