Should I?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Well since your giving it away can I take just one payment?

I like the tall canopy. I like above cab height canopies for the extra space, but personally I prefer the tin canopies BC they are light enough for me to take on and off by myself. I don't like pipes out before the rear wheel because of added noise and exhaust that gets in the cab, but it's a cheap way of getting the exhaust done. IDK about the dent it's not that bad I'd run that truck.

If I didn't have the farm and wife I'd be all in. That would be fun, but first we will need to build a BB square as our tow vehicle. Since there will be 2 of us and we will be far from home on some of these runs perhaps a suburban would be in order. 454 W/ SM465 or TH400?

Good luck. I just can't believe the value of a square. I hope you get to take it home for around 2K
Well, if you are going to go BB in a tow vehicle and haul stuff cross country, I would say it needs to be a NV4500 or 4L80. You've got to have that overdrive and lockup converter in the 4L80, a TH400 would just be dumping all your profits out the tailpipe

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
They are literally everywhere up here. I did a triathlon on Sunday and the bike course was 6 miles of back country rural road out and back from the lake. During that 6 miles out and 6 miles back, I saw AT LEAST three K20's in various fields and such that obviously hadn't been moved in years, two blazers in the same condition, several suburbans, and two crew cab 4x4's. $2k is about right for a K20 in this area with decent paint and interior. NOT good paint and interior, that would push it into the $3-5k range. Great condition with drivetrain upgrades is where you start to get into the $10-15k range. They are just too prevalent around here to go anywhere near that crazy $20-30k price range unless it has serious custom upgrades to suspension and drivetrain.

I've seen plenty of both abandoned and running C20s, but K20s are virtually nonexistent where I live. I guess their popularity was regional when they were new.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Picked it up and drove it home (1 block lol). Ordered new rad cap (has the wrong one), TC output shaft seal, inner and outer weatherstrip kit for the windows, new door striker bolts, new turn signal and tail light lens, and an exhaust pipe/muffler kit. Checked the coolant level and there was practically none in the rad. Put in a gallon (all I had on the shelf) and it's about half full now. I'll pick up some more tomorrow after getting the title changed over. The project has begun....

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Well, if you are going to go BB in a tow vehicle and haul stuff cross country, I would say it needs to be a NV4500 or 4L80. You've got to have that overdrive and lockup converter in the 4L80, a TH400 would just be dumping all your profits out the tailpipe
Yea, but this was just day dreaming.....

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I remember living through that time where everyone shaved everything, and I still never understood it. Yeah I understand the "form over function", I remember when I worked at a junkyard and was requires to haul my tools back and forth to work (and even ended up living out of my car for a while during that time period) I still would not have anything other than a 2-seat fastback sports car. But I don't want it to rain inside my car (well, with the exception of the t-tops that didn't seal perfectly on that car lol)... I understand trying to look cool and enjoying certain unpractical things out of nothing but pleasure, but something like drip rails are so functional (and look normal) that it seems pointless to remove them. Especially on something utilitarian like a Chevy truck, not like they're sporty, pretty, or "cool"...

Shaved door handles always reminds me, I have a good friend (roommate at the time) that was working at Callaway back during the C6 era, they had no door handles and you waived your hand at the right part of the quarter panel with the key in your pocket so the door would magically pop open, I always struggled to get them to open quickly (I may be impatient). Hah well there were multiple occasions where some rich drunk dude would get fed up at not being able to open his door and would bring the car in the next day with a smashed window that needed to be replaced lol. They actually kept a couple driver's door windows in the back for such an occurrence. Just because something looks "neat" doesn't mean it's not a huge pain in the a$$ to deal with, and something that sucks so much to live with every day is not my idea of a good mod no matter how cool it may or may not look
We have a 40.... I think it's a 46 Plymouth, and 56 Chev that come into the shop with shaved door handles. Both of those are key fob pops, the 46 has a "hidden" release handle for the drivers door, and that is the way that cars doors are opened. It's super nice old car but the owner says he is done having them fixed and is fine pulling the release.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Picked it up and drove it home (1 block lol). Ordered new rad cap (has the wrong one), TC output shaft seal, inner and outer weatherstrip kit for the windows, new door striker bolts, new turn signal and tail light lens, and an exhaust pipe/muffler kit. Checked the coolant level and there was practically none in the rad. Put in a gallon (all I had on the shelf) and it's about half full now. I'll pick up some more tomorrow after getting the title changed over. The project has begun....
curious what you ordered for a muffler kit and what you are planning to run for mufflers.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Seeing a square with shaved
I wonder how much it would cost to put drip rails back on?
I’d think it’d be as simple as drilling the holes out and screwing it on.

I agree, I don’t think they look right without the drip rails. Makes me think of a chick who took tweezing her eyebrows too far…before you know it they are pencilling them back on and it looks terrible…

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
The previous owner had the drip rails and screws so they'll be going back on.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
curious what you ordered for a muffler kit and what you are planning to run for mufflers.
The dual exhaust kit from LMC which contains standard mufflers. I'm not into loud vehicles.

Radiohead

Reducing tire diameter 1000 revolutions at once
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
Yeah, a little smarter these days. Not into telegraphing my driving style to the nice officer and their stellar hearing ability.

Reactions: CRM

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Neither am I, I use to be when I was younger but I got older lol.
Same here, I grew out of that fast. When I was 18/19 loud was fun, I've already grown out of that, all my stuff is super quiet now.

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Same here, I grew out of that fast. When I was 18/19 loud was fun, I've already grown out of that, all my stuff is super quiet now.

The only thing I have left that us loud is my Cummins. It does have a muffler on it but it is a 4" straight through design. It's not too obnoxious unless you really stand on it.

Fortunately or unfortunately, that exhaust is 304 stainless and will outlast the truck. The truck will finish rotting away and that pipe will still be there.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Dug into the truck some more today. Started filling it with coolant and immediately saw a leak. Traced it down to the water pump. Ordered new pump, hoses, and v belts. I noticed the power steering reservoir leaning to the left and I'm thinking someone put in a belt that's shorter than the oem. I also noticed the presence of leak stop in the coolant system as I tore everything out. Looks like a flush is coming up in the near future.
You must be registered for see images attach

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Pictures of the hacked exhaust and smog system