Should I go back with stock engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I put a L31 in my 1984 k20 it looks like they are cheaper now get a duel plane jegs intake and bolts flex plate and bolts I like the way it runs more power than the old 350 good low end power one thing you need crank sensor and bolt when I got on the road then it started blowing oil I went to Pic&pull had to look at 7 trucks to find one oil leek fixed my harmonic balancer and all my pulleys work just fine I think I had to alter one AC bracket at the intake. I engine, intake and flex plate for 2,025.00 delved

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/059/0282/10002/-1
Being a two wheel drive you can take more HP

You dont use the crank sensor unless you are using 96+ efi, the timing cover is debatable as the standard style will fit just be missing the 2 bolt holes. Either way those composite timing covers are throw away and are supposed to be replaced when removed or they will leak.

calredneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kerch
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You dont use the crank sensor unless you are using 96+ efi, the timing cover is debatable as the standard style will fit just be missing the 2 bolt holes. Either way those composite timing covers are throw away and are supposed to be replaced when removed or they will leak.
The crank sensor is to plug the hole so oil don,t come out

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I don't know anything about aftermarket vortec heads, but I know GM vortec heads have different casting marks on the ends. But if that is truly a vortec engine, yeah, go with that one.

GM Vortec head casting marks
You must be registered for see images attach
I should learn these markings.... working in scrap and all.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I looked at one of these GM crate motors and what killed my interest was the combos they used (cam, heads, etc) wasn't that great and if you changed ANYTHING on it to suit what you wanted, the warranty was void.

Guy around here rebuilds a motor with a 3yr warranty for $1700. Has a good rep. There's another place in NC that sells on feebay but you can deal with better prices directly. They're about the same with a 5yr warranty and loads of great FB (online).

christopher jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
To many damn options, I looked and looked for local rebuilders and they claim they are hard to find because of the 350 block, claims they only are building hemi and ford motors. I found some engine rebuilders and I gotta drive 8 hrs to Arkansas. They want the core, mine is toast because I threw that rod. They gave me prices of $1300 with core. I guess I need to go to gm , summit , all the reviews weren’t that great on some of the crate engines. HELP !!!!!!!

christopher jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I see that engine runs on premium gas, every vehicle in my yard runs on premium lol

christopher jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
That looks pretty good for the price, I went to a shop and they quoted me $3400 for a 350 with 400 hp and $3800 for a 383 stroker with 460 hp

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Do you have that engine in your truck

sorry just saw this, no I didnt purchase that engine and dont have the truck anymore. Guys on the corvette forums are giving the blue print engines good reviews and they come with a dyno sheet proving what they are making what they say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scawdrey