Scores from DIY Parts Yards, Pull A Part, U Pull It etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
89S picked up a set a couple weeks ago. If I see a set I"m getting them too.

The ones I grabbed were intended for you but it doesn't hurt for any of us to grab them up before they disappear, they will find a home eventually. Plus I don't know if you can handle the big guy rust that is on it. :roflbow:

I say dust off the air horn kit!

I want to get one of those loudspeakers that also play animal sounds. That would be fun! I would have had one years ago but I always forget until this subject comes up.

I would have it done already but that electric compressor really gets annoying after a while.

Brandon_l1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
350/sm465/np205
i went to PAP few months back and found a gauge bezel that looked brand new, think it was about 10 bucks something like that. man the aftermarket ones are expensive as hell. found a 454 out and early 90's chevy truck i think it was 150 bucks maybe, and sold it to my cousin for 300. lol i love that place, just wish it was closer...

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Yep, Firebirds too but they were a bit different. I can tell by the fabric that those were from an I-Mark though.

I bet you got a good price for them. I've had $50 for the pair on mine and no one wants them.

I'd rock Recaro seats :) think I could make them fit in the Caprice? :)

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
We have a set of factory Recaro's In a firechicken. I thought about putting them in my monte, but then i went with 80's cutlass buckets.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Scored a factory tilt column w/cruise on the turn signal... $20... I went to look at a bed for the truck and the guy just had it laying there. Think I'll be passing on the bed though.

Every bed I look at has issues... :think:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'da never guessed Izusu Used Recaros. I see no reason S-10 wouldn't then either since S-10's and Izusu Hombre's are likely made on the same assembly line as is the GMC Envoy, Chevy Trailblazer and Izusu AssEnder.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Scored a factory tilt column w/cruise on the turn signal... $20... I went to look at a bed for the truck and the guy just had it laying there. Think I'll be passing on the bed though.

Every bed I look at has issues... :think:
That is a score on the column. You really can't expect a perfect bed. You get one with minor issues, like rust about the size of a tennis ball by the wheel flare down low. Easily fixed. It's the ones that are way gone, vavy floors, rusted supports etc you don't want. Almost all will have a couple small bits of rust.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I'da never guessed Izusu Used Recaros. I see no reason S-10 wouldn't then either since S-10's and Izusu Hombre's are likely made on the same assembly line as is the GMC Envoy, Chevy Trailblazer and Izusu AssEnder.

Never offered. Only Chevy I know of to get factory Recaros were the 1995-1999 Lumina cop cars.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The ones I grabbed were intended for you but it doesn't hurt for any of us to grab them up before they disappear, they will find a home eventually. Plus I don't know if you can handle the big guy rust that is on it. :roflbow:

I would have it done already but that electric compressor really gets annoying after a while.

:rofl: I can handle Big Guy surface rust on clutch/brake pedals. I'll prolly sandblast them and paint them, so they are purdy. But you're also right, we see those and they are easy to get to, we should grab them. I'd got that set of Z bar on that I6/3 Tree truck if the damn things wasn't on the ground.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
That is a score on the column. You really can't expect a perfect bed. You get one with minor issues, like rust about the size of a tennis ball by the wheel flare down low. Easily fixed. It's the ones that are way gone, vavy floors, rusted supports etc you don't want. Almost all will have a couple small bits of rust.

I thought so... I was going to pass it up and then figured if I find I can't use it then I could always find someone around here that might.

I'm figuring that out on the beds... by that standard, I should just fix the rust over the wheel wells I have, remove all the surface rust I have and keep the one I've got... It's solid and straighter than the ones I've gone to see so far.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I thought so... I was going to pass it up and then figured if I find I can't use it then I could always find someone around here that might.

I'm figuring that out on the beds... by that standard, I should just fix the rust over the wheel wells I have, remove all the surface rust I have and keep the one I've got... It's solid and straighter than the ones I've gone to see so far.

If that's the case, then I'd say you're right. Just fix yours. Then the tank thing isn't an issue either.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Go to the pick your part - might come to one more inland to avoid rust - and get a pair of nice bedsides. I bet I saw 20 of them Thursday...Long beds, short beds, dual tanks, single tanks, old style, new style...

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Retro is right since they unbolt and have only 3 spot welds around the tail light area they are pretty easy to take off.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yep, Firebirds too but they were a bit different. I can tell by the fabric that those were from an I-Mark though.

I bet you got a good price for them. I've had $50 for the pair on mine and no one wants them.

Location, location, location. Have you put them up on TGO?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheBeast1990