Scores from DIY Parts Yards, Pull A Part, U Pull It etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So technically, if I got those SB mounting brackets off the Burb at my local PAP since the mirror are junk, and I eventually find SB switch and wiring harness, I can use mirrors off of a GMT400 which are quite common since they were standard equipment for 95 and up on the GMT400 Body Style.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
So technically, if I got those SB mounting brackets off the Burb at my local PAP since the mirror are junk, and I eventually find SB switch and wiring harness, I can use mirrors off of a GMT400 which are quite common since they were standard equipment for 95 and up on the GMT400 Body Style.

Yeah, Astro vans too.

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
Might just buy the mirror set from LMC. :p Not exactly a lot of pick n' pulls out my way.. Not many squares to be found either. Damn scrapers. :(

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Might just buy the mirror set from LMC. :p Not exactly a lot of pick n' pulls out my way.. Not many squares to be found either. Damn scrapers. :(

Well keep in mind, if it's something that can be shipped reasonably cheap or using Flat Rate USPS boxes, for a bit of a Fee for time, work and pulling parts, some of the guys here can probably get you some deals for picking stuff up. The guys here who participate regularly, we all pretty much know what someone is looking for and if we see it, they pick it up and work out the details. I know I owe a few favors, namely Retro and I've been looking my ass off for Hydro Clutch pedals, none to be found 89S picked me up a set in PA and will be shipping them to me in OK.

Hahaha, but who doesn't owe Retro a few favors???

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
Well keep in mind, if it's something that can be shipped reasonably cheap or using Flat Rate USPS boxes, for a bit of a Fee for time, work and pulling parts, some of the guys here can probably get you some deals for picking stuff up. The guys here who participate regularly, we all pretty much know what someone is looking for and if we see it, they pick it up and work out the details. I know I owe a few favors, namely Retro and I've been looking my ass off for Hydro Clutch pedals, none to be found 89S picked me up a set in PA and will be shipping them to me in OK.

Not a bad idea, HotRod. I'll keep that in mind next time I need something a little on the hard side to find. :D Haha. Just have to keep a little each money on hand.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Not a bad idea, HotRod. I'll keep that in mind next time I need something a little on the hard side to find. :D Haha. Just have to keep a little each money on hand.

Yep, many of us here are having it rough right now and kinda another reason we try to share and swap parts when we can, or pick it up if it's dirt cheap and pass it on. It don't always work though. Shipping kills mega deals. Must be 1000 posts on this forum that say, I wish you were closer....

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
Fair enough, man. Thanks for the suggestion, though. Maybe I'll get there one day.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

Those few involved here know who I am talking about, I love our little mail exchange club. :)

What trucks do you guys suggest for a good replacement factory horn(s) for my square? How are the horns in the early 2000's Burbs and Yukons? Any other ideas? This is for a truck only pull-it yard.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
The horn in my truck is out of my brother's old 85 S-10 and it's pretty loud.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
The horn in my truck is out of my brother's old 85 S-10 and it's pretty loud.

Mine sounds like a dying duckling. :roflbow:

I want something to blow out a windshield but I want it out of a factory 12V setup. If I really want to blast louder than that, I can dust off the air horn kit in the garage.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Those few involved here know who I am talking about, I love our little mail exchange club. :)

What trucks do you guys suggest for a good replacement factory horn(s) for my square? How are the horns in the early 2000's Burbs and Yukons? Any other ideas? This is for a truck only pull-it yard.

To bad you can't get any off a Caddy. Caddy horns have a total different tone to them and they are also loud. Another thing for me to look for when I go to PAP again. I need to start my list up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54