Scores from DIY Parts Yards, Pull A Part, U Pull It etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I'll never find the time to get one mounted but at least I got my grubby hands on them. :grd:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd just about bet I could cut one down and make it fit a standard cab. Cut it at that seem just before where the 2nd set of map lights start.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I'd just about bet I could cut one down and make it fit a standard cab. Cut it at that seem just before where the 2nd set of map lights start.

I am sure it could be modded. The two white blocks of lenses are the courtesy light, they hover over the back of the front seat just to give you an idea of positioning. You see any of these at your yard? Don't forget there is one more up here gray color that is missing some lenses and bulbs and harness but it could be a good guinea pig. :D

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hell no my yard don't have any. I didn't even know those existed for squares until you posted it up a couple days agp. I'd like to see one and see what the comparments are all about. If it was deep enough to hold my Glock 23, ohhhh how awesome that would be. Noone is expecting to be reaching for a pow pow over your head. That's usually in the door panel, console or under the seat. It's also a good place to run secret switches and wiring

FattMatt

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Scored these at the local Pick and Pull recently
2 D49 Mirrors and an intact grille

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Scored these at the local Pick and Pull recently
2 D49 Mirrors and an intact grille

People actually buy those? I broke a set on purpose once in PAP so noone would buy them. :rofl:

You did get some nice looking ones too. No rust or pits in them. They look to be in great condition.

attachment.php

Ok OK, No, I didn't really. They were alrady broke. You're a bit new here, so you wouldn't get it. Been a long ongoing rivalry for fun of course, with Bigger Paddle man type mirrors and little Maybeline Compact Make-up mirrors on Squares.

Attachments

• PAP 014.jpg
    PAP 014.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 427

FattMatt

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
People actually buy those? I broke a set on purpose once in PAP so noone would buy them. :rofl:

You did get some nice looking ones too. No rust or pits in them. They look to be in great condition.

attachment.php

Ok OK, No, I didn't really. They were alrady broke. You're a bit new here, so you wouldn't get it. Been a long ongoing rivalry for fun of course, with Bigger Paddle man type mirrors and little Maybeline Compact Make-up mirrors on Squares.

Yeah HR, I gathered there's something going on in here about mirror size. I actually got the mirrors and the grille off a '79 scottsdale K20. I personally think the dumbos are appropriate for Ks and the D49s on the Cs. Especially if it's a dropped shorty.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah HR, I gathered there's something going on in here about mirror size. I actually got the mirrors and the grille off a '79 scottsdale K20. I personally think the dumbos are appropriate for Ks and the D49s on the Cs. Especially if it's a dropped shorty.

Actually, I think the smaller mirrors are for the lowered short C10's. Just really depends on how the truck is set up. If I had a sport truck, or drag truck, I'd want the small ones. Anything else I'd want the dumbos or paddle mirrors.

The mirrors I really don't like at all, are the biggo honkin things with all the bars that you have to drill holes in the sheet metal to mount them. And hose usually end up causing rust issues too. But still, you'll soon find out, we have to be giving someone **** all the time around here, or it's just not here. :rofl:

The the other 2 arguments and rivalries would be Round Headlights or Square Headlights, and occasionally the Short Bed vs Long Bed argument. But it's all good. They're all Squares. That's what matters most.

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
I'm one of those that like the flip out square mirrors. Of course I am always pulling something behind my square or hauling something so I like to check once in awhile to see if it's still there lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Power mirrors all the way...Power heated SB mirrors are even better.

Yes sir. I'll agree with that. And those can go on all of them. Lowered or Lifted, Short of Long !!! I want some. I will give up my dumbo paddles for power. I think I told you, I finally seen a set in our PAP, but they were both broke and the switches were tore out and gone with the door panel. I was even willing just to get the harness and switch if I could have.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm one of those that like the flip out square mirrors. Of course I am always pulling something behind my square or hauling something so I like to check once in awhile to see if it's still there lol

Those are the ones I don't like. I know they do serve a good function. If I had to go mirrors into sheet metal, like on a tow truck, I think I'd even prefer West Coast Mirrors better. Bad part about those, they don't swing away or fold in, so if you're getting into a tight spot like some of these body shops I back into, you're screwed.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Yes sir. I'll agree with that. And those can go on all of them. Lowered or Lifted, Short of Long !!! I want some. I will give up my dumbo paddles for power. I think I told you, I finally seen a set in our PAP, but they were both broke and the switches were tore out and gone with the door panel. I was even willing just to get the harness and switch if I could have.

There's 2 Escalades in my yard...I should have grabbed the glass but didn't want to break them. They are heated and auto-dimming.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
There's 2 Escalades in my yard...I should have grabbed the glass but didn't want to break them. They are heated and auto-dimming.

How will those mount to a square? I know the square power mirror head is the same as GMT400 heads, but the mounting is different. So would you have to get Square mounting brackets and adapt the GMT400 mirrors to them? The ones that are power heated and dimming too, I'm speaking of.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400