Rough Country 4” with 35’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JACK34

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
JACK
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
They ride very rough, that's all. For the same price you can get a set of Tuff Country EZ-rides that ride 100% better.
I'm calling BS on that my man. I spoke with Rough Country, Tuff Country, and Offroad design.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'm calling BS on that my man. I spoke with Rough Country, Tuff Country, and Offroad design.

I haven't kept up with modern post-covid pricing, but it used to be that the front springs themselves were not priced that far off between Rough Country and Tuff County. Or others really. But Rough Country always had the cheapest kit price, complete with shocks.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I haven't kept up with modern post-covid pricing, but it used to be that the front springs themselves were not priced that far off between Rough Country and Tuff County. Or others really. But Rough Country always had the cheapest kit price, complete with shocks.
I purchased a Rough Country leveling kit for my '02 Silverado because it was the least expensive all in kit. Don't think I'd do it again to be honest. It's just ok ride quality wise, better shocks might help, but I'm trying to get out of the truck anyway.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
BS on what? I'm not sure what you are saying here? I'm glad you spoke to them... what did they say?

I've ridden in a square with rough country springs and it was crazy stiff. I have Tuff Country EZ ride 4" springs on the front of mine and they are about the same as stock.. maybe a bit softer. ORD springs are made by Deaver and are in a totally different class than the previous two springs. They are top notch... but you are going to pay for it. I got the Tuff country springs used, but uninstalled for $100 locally

T-roy K10

Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I can tell you skyjacker soft ride 4” springs ride like a lawn tractor.

Fastduramax

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
Your lawn tractor must ride like it's on a king size memory foam mattress because my K10 with Skyjacker 4" springs on all 4 corners and their best shocks does... Far better than anything else I've spent money on and I've tried them all over the years with the exception of a few newer or more recent Softride copies... That said there is a better ride at a nominal expense, a buddy and I opted for the BDS Glide Ride Fox Shox combo in his same year K10 and all I can say is OMG ! BDS has a very different approach to building their spring packs and apparently they nailed it...

T-roy K10

Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Your lawn tractor must ride like it's on a king size memory foam mattress because my K10 with Skyjacker 4" springs on all 4 corners and their best shocks does... Far better than anything else I've spent money on and I've tried them all over the years with the exception of a few newer or more recent Softride copies... That said there is a better ride at a nominal expense, a buddy and I opted for the BDS Glide Ride Fox Shox combo in his same year K10 and all I can say is OMG ! BDS has a very different approach to building their spring packs and apparently they nailed it...

I had an 83 dodge back in the day with an 8” lift (don’t remember the brand) that rode like a Cadillac compared to this K10. I could weld steel tubing from the frame to the axle and it would ride the same. i bought it with a 4” lift and to soften the ride I bought the skyjacker soft ride lift. made no difference. So I swapped the skyjacker shocks out to rancho 9000s on The softest setting…no difference. I added sway bar shackle links to make sure the sway bar/axle were not binding from bad travel angle... no difference.
loosened the spring and shackle bolts to make sure they weren’t binding…no difference.
im 230 and can bounce on the front bumper and the only thing that moves are the tires.

Fastduramax

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
Dammit Troy that sucks ! I'm a stout buck 70 so I can't bounce any spring lol, anyway I wonder if they lost QC over the years or if they still make a HD spring kit as they actually use to back in the day and that's what you received ?

T-roy K10

Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Dammit Troy that sucks ! I'm a stout buck 70 so I can't bounce any spring lol, anyway I wonder if they lost QC over the years or if they still make a HD spring kit as they actually use to back in the day and that's what you received ?

don’t know. They looked just like the ones I took off. The only difference was the skyjackers had plastic pads on the tips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theshawnR