Right rear locking up long before other brakes applied..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Had something similar happen on a 74 Chevy van. Not as bad as yours, but one of the rear wheels would tend to lock up on medium to heavy braking. I couldn't find anything wrong so took it to a shop. They guys there couldn't find anything wrong, but sprayed (more like hosed down) the shoes on both sides with brake cleaner. That did the trick. Must have been some kind of contaminant on the shoes.???

Christian Nelson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Finally got this fixed. After I blew the brake line, and replaced it with a nickel copper one so it won't rust out again.. I discovered that the caliper bleeder was broken off. So, I went to the parts store for a new caliper, got two, since they were only $16 each.. Then, I discovered the pads were really thin.. So, I got those too..

Anyway, after getting that all put together, and bled out, and all, the rear is no longer the first thing that locks up, the brakes work great now!

gwcrim

Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So bad front pads were the culprit? Interesting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmballow02