Report on Western Chassis dropped spindles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I recently installed Western Chassis 73-87 C10 2.5" dropped spindles for use with 1.25" rotors.

The lower control arms DO clear stock 8"x15 rally wheels (!) with nearly 3/8" to spare.

The only problem I had was the upper control arms rubbing the top of the spindles just outboard of the ball joint with the suspension fully unloaded (front wheels off the ground). I ended up grinding off approx .100" at the top of the spindle casting to gain clearance. The good news is there is plenty of meat there.

The truck should be on the road in a few days. Then I'll see how much I want to drop the rear.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thanks for the update, those are the ones I planned on using on mine..

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I bought mine from their eBay store earlier this year for $239 including shipping. So keep an eye out for deals.

And don't forget to specify spindles for 1.00" or 1.25" rotors. The thicker rotors use larger inner wheel bearings, and the corresponding spindles use different calipers. But outer wheel bearings, ball joints, brake pads, and tie rod ends are the same for both brake systems.

Last edited:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Yep, I know the difference between the two. Didn't know they had an E-Bay store though, that's good to know...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85Shortsquare