Receiver hitch w/ roll pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sonders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hey guys, I did a search but didn't come up with a whole lot on the subject. I'm slowly starting to work on my 78' K20 and will soon be removing the bed to swap to one in better condition. I figured while I had the bed off it would be a good time to install a receiver hitch on it. The old bumper on the truck is a steel square tube cushion bumper with a 2" receiver plate welded to the bottom of it made by Schutt Industries. It has seen better days so figured I'd replace it. My parts truck that the bed is coming from also has a rollpan on it. I've been considering installing the rollpan too for a cleaner look. How would I go about mounting up the receiver hitch w/ the rollpan? Would it just hang below the rollpan?

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
It could.

Or - I assume you have a license plate location in the roll pan? You could make the hitch come out behind the license plate for a "hidden hitch".

K

You must be registered for see images attach

I made my own hitch (in 1980).

I used a flip up plate mount (this one happens to be the fuel filler acess for a '74 Chevelle) to allow the ball mount stub to be inserted through a notch in the license plate bracket -

Last edited:

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205

Sonders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
you guys read my mind. I was pondering a flip up license plate with roll pan. Yes the rollpan has a license plate spot in the middle. I guess I would just need to cut out section just big enough for whatever ball mount hitch to slide into the receiver. Craig, thanks for the links as well.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
It could.

Or - I assume you have a license plate location in the roll pan? You could make the hitch come out behind the license plate for a "hidden hitch".

K

I made my own hitch (in 1980).

I used a flip up plate mount (this one happens to be the fuel filler acess for a '74 Chevelle) to allow the ball mount stub to be inserted through a notch in the license plate bracket -

Haha! I had to look at the last pic again. I first thought it was two women's asses. Lol

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Huh.

I ...uh....never thought that.

Funny story about that hitch: I rented a Uhaul trailer one time. After we did the paperwork me and the guy went outside to get hooked up.

He walked around to the back of my truck and, somewhat indignant, said "....how you gonna pull a trailer with no hitch?"

I didn't say a word, but grabbed the stub, flipped the plate up and stuck the stub in there.

"Ok" he said, visibly humbled. "You got me".

K

Sonders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
haha, Keith I can only imagine you'd get that question more than once. Do you by chance have any more pictures of how the receiver is actually mounted to your frame?

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
you guys read my mind. I was pondering a flip up license plate with roll pan.
Use a spring loaded hinge on the top and it'll stay down by itself. This info may have been in the write up but I didn't check it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshuOne