Cushion Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kilian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
K
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 hopefully converting to K2500
Engine Size
Anyone using this type of cushion (spring) hitch on a 73-87 1/2 or 3/4 ton? Looks like it mounts below the frame and any existing bumper. I like that it's a receiver and not just a drawbar like other DMI cushion hitches.

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be mounting brackets sold by DMI for 73-87 pickup trucks, but figure someone has either used another mounting kit or fabricated their own brackets.

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 77

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Anyone using this type of cushion (spring) hitch on a 73-87 1/2 or 3/4 ton? Looks like it mounts below the frame and any existing bumper. I like that it's a receiver and not just a drawbar like other DMI cushion hitches.

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be mounting brackets sold by DMI for 73-87 pickup trucks, but figure someone has either used another mounting kit or fabricated their own brackets.
@Frankenchevy don't you have a hitch similar to this?

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I would doubt that there is a square specific application available as well.
But I have to ask, why the interest in this kind of hitch? They never were popular Unsure why, but if you must have a cushion hitch you by not just get a cushion stinger?

Kilian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
K
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 hopefully converting to K2500
Engine Size
My 83 is (or will be, once back on the road) my primary truck on the farm. The wagons and implements that I've pulled really yank the truck around so want to avoid that in the future. I figured the full spring hitch would be better than just a spring in the receiver, which is what I think you meant.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My 83 is (or will be, once back on the road) my primary truck on the farm. The wagons and implements that I've pulled really yank the truck around so want to avoid that in the future. I figured the full spring hitch would be better than just a spring in the receiver, which is what I think you meant.

Makes sense I suppose since you’re planning on pulling heavy and off road some of the time.

Vetal4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30 Crew Cab
Engine Size
I had on of those on the ''85 Scottsdale C20 I drove in H.S. It was a hitch bumper It didn't look like the DMIs I've seen, looked more like pic attached. Was great for grain wagons, etc...stuff with no brakes. Would like to find another one like it, I know we removed it when we sold the truck but dad says he doesn't have it anymore.

Attachments

• cushion hitch.jpeg
    cushion hitch.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128