Radiator Fit Question's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarrett Melvin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jarrett
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
What determines what height radiator you need? Is it the rad support? Or is it model or year?

I have an 87 1 ton, the radiator leaked back, so I ordered I new one. But by mistake I measure off another rad I had there thinking they were the same.

Originally it had a 18 inch tall rad and I ordered a 20.

I swapped the rad support on my 87 with the identical rad support that the 20 inch rad came out of. I also have the fan shroud and top mounts.

Question is, am I safe to go ahead and use the 20inch rad with the same rad support the old 20 inch came out of or will I have to return it and get the 18inch?

Both trucks are 2wd and the 20inch rad came out of 3/4 ton.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@jerrett Melvin,

You are good to go. The rad. support determines the height, or which rad. goes to your truck. Since you did change out to the 20" rad. support for a 20" radiator, then another 20" rad. will fit. Just make sure your hood doesn't have any issues closing. If you're going from a 3/4 ton to a 1 ton truck they could work together. but, yeah, everything ought to be okay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64