putting a 89 tbi 350 in a 78

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clay78

Reaction score
First Name
clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe
Engine Size
inline 6
just wondering if, and whats needed to put a 89tbi 350 in where my inline 6 250 was? do i need the wiring harness ? is it easier to make it carburated? do i have to move or change motor mounts? and will it bolt up to my 78 4 speed MT?

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
probably gonna need the computer and harness

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Need computer and harness from the donor. Would take the engine mounts from the donor as well. Not sure on the transmission. Short term would be easier to put a carb on it, but it depends on what you are looking for in the swap.

clay78

Reaction score
First Name
clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe
Engine Size
inline 6
Need computer and harness from the donor. Would take the engine mounts from the donor as well. Not sure on the transmission. Short term would be easier to put a carb on it, but it depends on what you are looking for in the swap.

can i put a carb on the engine and use the old harness? thats what i would rather do. or i can get a 84 block and heads with an intake and carb. then could i take the front end pullys and water pump exc.. and put them on the old engine? thanks

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Mostly old harness would work with a carb swap on tbi motor. Alternator, oil pressure and water temp connectors likely to be different. Swaping front accessories to older block would be fine as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedwhisky