Pulling all the smog stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
I've also heard that the cat will get glowing hot. Not sure about that one though.

I was just trying to accomplish a cleaner engine bay and to pick up whatever small amount of power could be had. But it sounds like all that stuff needs to stay there. I'll rely on a 5.3L to delete it.
Oh god no don't do that. All that plastic and wiring, you'll mess your engine bay up even more! If you want your engine bay to look clean, well part of a proper looking engine bay is having the right engine in there. Please don't join the LS camp, they don't make these trucks anymore let's not ruin them all. Just like a lot of the Japanese sports cars from the 80s and 90s, back in the day people thought those cars were disposable so they were all m0lested pretty hard, and now good luck finding one that isn't hacked up.

You can remove all that utterly useless emissions stuff no problem (depending on where you live, some states are fascist), it will run just fine if not better.

And for all those complaining about air quality, I don't know about you, but I don't routinely run my car indoors and that would be bad either way. When you're outside, well, you're outside lol. It'll blow away in the breeze. I'm not in the habit of wrapping my lips around the tailpipe... Just saying. You will be fine, don't listen to people trying to hype you up.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Yeah,that pollution crap is just a bunch of B.S. and don't forget to retard your timing 4 degrees if you lose the egr. It's legal to take anything you want off your car anywhere in the United States,as.long they don't check for it, its legal. You don't even have to have lights if there's no inspection in your state.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-14_181430.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-14_181430.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_2023-11-14_181408.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-14_181408.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_2023-11-14_181353.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-14_181353.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
You can remove all that utterly useless emissions stuff no problem (depending on where you live, some states are fascist), it will run just fine if not better.

And for all those complaining about air quality, I don't know about you, but I don't routinely run my car indoors and that would be bad either way. When you're outside, well, you're outside lol. It'll blow away in the breeze. I'm not in the habit of wrapping my lips around the tailpipe... Just saying. You will be fine, don't listen to people trying to hype you up.
Says the guy from a state with less population than most cities. Give him a break, he has no clue what population density does to air and water quality. Let him live in 1965 all he wants.

Is it obvious my ridicule of your interpretation?

Last edited:

E-Bourbon

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Every single time I open the hood of my '87 I am grateful that it is not the '84 my Mom owned.

I am slowly doing what I can to restore mine to all of the original components. I want to get it back to what it was originally. But we do not all want the same thing.

I have seriously considered installing some high flow cats as a couple of you suggested. If I do that I will absolutely be installing a new belt on that smog pump.
Would the parts from a 88 Suburban be of any interest to you? I'm expecting to have pretty much all the original parts available in the near future.

andybflo

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.3 LM7/4L60E
Oh god no don't do that. All that plastic and wiring, you'll mess your engine bay up even more! If you want your engine bay to look clean, well part of a proper looking engine bay is having the right engine in there. Please don't join the LS camp, they don't make these trucks anymore let's not ruin them all. Just like a lot of the Japanese sports cars from the 80s and 90s, back in the day people thought those cars were disposable so they were all m0lested pretty hard, and now good luck finding one that isn't hacked up.

Yeah.. I mean, it jus blows away. Like it never happened. I mean, the Earth isn't a just a closed ecosystem, just a *bigger* room than your garage....

There's the reason why all my buddies in VT cringe when they have to enter NH, in a handful of sentences, folks.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
You're in Texas we don't go smaller we go  BIGGER here! Fck a 5.3! Lol

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Yeah.. I mean, it jus blows away. Like it never happened. I mean, the Earth isn't a just a closed ecosystem, just a *bigger* room than your garage....

There's the reason why all my buddies in VT cringe when they have to enter NH, in a handful of sentences, folks.
:rolleyes: :manos:

Says the guy from NEW YORK! lmao. NH is very strict about stuff compared to VT. All of the friends and family I have in VT consider NH to be "yuppie" and too built up. Unless you're in the Burlington area (which basically shouldn't be part of VT anyway, it's like Vermont's Austin to all you Texas folk, hipster liberal stronghold in an otherwise great state), Vermont is WAYYYY more redneck than NH. Go spend time in the NEK and see how life should be, bunch of corn-fed good-ole-boys living on dirt roads with rusty roofs on their 200 year old farmhouses driving beat up old trucks (and don't get me wrong I love it and would live there if I could, there just isn't a ton of work there. But don't try to say people from VT think NH is uncivilized or something, it's usually the opposite). Don't blame my attitude on NH, I moved here to escape all the tw@ts. My whole "I don't care about you or the air you breathe" personality came from the first 25 years of my life I spent in Connecticut of all places. So yeah, put that in your pipe and smoke it

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Says the guy from a state with less population than most cities. Give him a break, he has no clue what population density does to air and water quality. Let him live in 1965 all he wants.

Is it obvious my ridicule of your interpretation?
I know that I live in a very unpopulated area. Your whole argument proves my point further. I actually know EXACTLY what population density does to a whole lot of things, that's why I chose to go out of my way and move all the way up here. Why in the world would any human being WANT to live all cramped up in a city with dirty air, no privacy, chlorinated public water, crime, "diversity", etc. It's pretty darn nice living out here in the woods not being bothered. If I could go back to 1965 I would in a heartbeat, I see zero things that are better nowadays. I crave a simpler live.

Jeez, I just remembered why I shouldn't ever click on the "show ignored content" button LMAO. Hah, Radiohead, even the band was lame. What did I expect? AAAAAnyway, back to real life now...

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Since before covid,pollution was so bad in China and Vietanam that their people had to wear particle masks just because of where they lived. Our Country set guidelines in 1965, the clean air act, to keep us out of that same mess. Cleaning up the exhaust and getting the fuel economy up were what was best for the nation as a whole. I don't want to abide? Well that's not very fair to the people that do,and even less fair to the people the people that aren't old enough to have a voice yet. I do not have the feeling my rights and beliefs should supercede eveyone elses, I play team ball. And personally I like radiohead I do a cover of creep guitar and vocal .
https://www.eea.europa.eu/en/topics/in-depth/air-pollution/eow-it-affects-our-health

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-15_195933.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-15_195933.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 22

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Since before covid,pollution was so bad in China and Vietanam that their people had to wear particle masks just because of where they lived. Our Country set guidelines in 1965, the clean air act, to keep us out of that same mess. Cleaning up the exhaust and getting the fuel economy up were what was best for the nation as a whole. I don't want to abide? Well that's not very fair to the people that do,and even less fair to the people the people that aren't old enough to have a voice yet. I do not have the feeling my rights and beliefs should supercede eveyone elses, I play team ball. And personally I like radiohead I do a cover of creep guitar and vocal .
https://www.eea.europa.eu/en/topics/in-depth/air-pollution/eow-it-affects-our-health
I couldn't agree more, and it's nice to see someone say things like this besides me. I especially agree with this part:
I do not have the feeling my rights and beliefs should supercede eveyone elses, I play team ball.
I don't know what some people don't get about that. It seems like it use to be team us - as in the general population, now it's me, me, me....

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
There is 1/5 of the world's population jammed into some emerging 2nd world country, of course their air sucks. Yes I don't want to abide because it inconveniences my life slightly. Team? What does that word mean? Is it the same thing as "me and my immediate family"? Otherwise, I couldn't care less. If I saw you having an episode on the sidewalk because you couldn't breathe, I don't know you, I would step over and keep walking. Maybe I had to poop, maybe I was on my way to go buy a beer, maybe I just didn't care because there are over 8 Billion people in this world and most of them are a drain on everyone else so go ahead and fail to exist, I really don't care. I live MY life, not worried about yours or your comfort. If I was concerned with my health I wouldn't drink and smoke and eat crappy food and drive without a seatbelt. Who gives a crap what car exhaust from a few random old emissions-exempt vehicles do to me? Pick your battles man. If I could, i would find an old 500CI eldorado, saw the exhaust off at the manifolds and drive through your town all day. I mean, you're complaining about the exhaust, burning tires has to be way worse for the air than that. Being on this forum I would have to assume you have a Driver's license. Do you mean to tell me where you're from you don't smoke the tires on a regular basis and they still allow you to own a motor vehicle? Better keep that to yourself, I bet they'll take it away. IDC if you drive a pickup or a FWD sedan, doing burnouts is a part of driving. Haha, lemme guess, this guy's gonna say he doesn't even make tire smoke when he yanks the e-brake on the highway in a fit of road rage. Lies I tell you, otherwise whey wouldn't have let you graduate middle school. Man up, Gretta. A little bit of exhaust fumes from one old pickup isn't gonna make the planet burst into flames...

And whether you're talking the band or the poster, I'm sorry but I'm just typically a fan of constant whining. I like my music to sound cool, not make the sound of some hormonal teenager whining into a microphone at an uncomfortably slow pace yet really loud because he thinks he's dramatic or something. The song "Creep" was popular back in the day and I guess it was okay-ish, but that band was a real one trick show.

Hahahahaha, I just clicked the link, it's all about air quality in Europe. I thought you lived in Midwest-dustbowl-sisterfcukin-Kansas, what in the heck does that have to do with sh!tty-ass EUROPE??? LOL nice one there (p)Rick!

Dun dun dun, another one joins the ignore list!

Last edited:

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
There is 1/5 of the world's population jammed into some emerging 2nd world country, of course their air sucks. Yes I don't want to abide because it inconveniences my life slightly. Team? What does that word mean? Is it the same thing as "me and my immediate family"? Otherwise, I couldn't care less. If I saw you having an episode on the sidewalk because you couldn't breathe, I don't know you, I would step over and keep walking. Maybe I had to poop, maybe I was on my way to go buy a beer, maybe I just didn't care because there are over 8 Billion people in this world and most of them are a drain on everyone else so go ahead and fail to exist, I really don't care. I live MY life, not worried about yours or your comfort. If I was concerned with my health I wouldn't drink and smoke and eat crappy food and drive without a seatbelt. Who gives a crap what car exhaust from a few random old emissions-exempt vehicles do to me? Pick your battles man. If I could, i would find an old 500CI eldorado, saw the exhaust off at the manifolds and drive through your town all day. I mean, you're complaining about the exhaust, burning tires has to be way worse for the air than that. Being on this forum I would have to assume you have a Driver's license. Do you mean to tell me where you're from you don't smoke the tires on a regular basis and they still allow you to own a motor vehicle? Better keep that to yourself, I bet they'll take it away. IDC if you drive a pickup or a FWD sedan, doing burnouts is a part of driving. Haha, lemme guess, this guy's gonna say he doesn't even make tire smoke when he yanks the e-brake on the highway in a fit of road rage. Lies I tell you, otherwise whey wouldn't have let you graduate middle school. Man up, Gretta. A little bit of exhaust fumes from one old pickup isn't gonna make the planet burst into flames...

And whether you're talking the band or the poster, I'm sorry but I'm just typically a fan of constant whining. I like my music to sound cool, not make the sound of some hormonal teenager whining into a microphone at an uncomfortably slow pace yet really loud because he thinks he's dramatic or something. The song "Creep" was popular back in the day and I guess it was okay-ish, but that band was a real one trick show.

Hahahahaha, I just clicked the link, it's all about air quality in Europe. I thought you lived in Midwest-dustbowl-sisterfcukin-Kansas, what in the heck does that have to do with sh!tty-ass EUROPE??? LOL nice one there (p)Rick!

Dun dun dun, another one joins the ignore list!
Nice of you to come down off that pedestal and hobknob with the peasants. Douche.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Non of our cars are emissions exempt, exempt from testing is all.. Do you have a drivers license??Why its just another stupid government rule. You can call me Greata all you want NBD name calling is what idiots do.yes my links showed europe and vietnam, countries who DIDN'T enact a fresh air law and the consquences, I did not realize this guy was too stupid to put that together, way to go reckless you're a freakin moron.

Last edited:

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@Radiohead & @Ricko1966 Did ya guys catch the part where he'd step over us on his way to buy a beer if one of us "strangers" was having an episode on the sidewalk. I guess he's never had help from a stranger because he was in a situation and needed help. Man I remember one time I did something stupid in a 2wd car on the beach here in Washington and got stuck. Frankly I knew better but thought I could get though it. Could I have gotten myself out before the tide took my car? Maybe, but probably not. Well a perfect stranger pulled me out, because he saw I was in a situation. That's the team I'm talking about. I'm talking about team all of us, when the big flood hit in 92' and everyone in town dropped everything to get the cows to higher ground. Now most folks around here have that me first attitude and would hang the very people who raise their food out to dry. Team my family is my priority don't get me wrong they do come first. Last weekend I had an old shaky lady in Walmart ask for my arm so she could get to an electric cart safely, and I gladly helped her, I guess Kevin would let her fall. Earlier in the month I helped a lady get her mobility scooter back in her car. I guess Kevin would have walked away. Why did I help, because they needed help and it took like 30 seconds of my day and I would hope someone would help me if I needed it. I never should have come into this thread I mistakenly thought he was one of the good guys....

Last edited:

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Robyn I got in a fist fight one night,a punk who thought he was tough,was messing with a young dad that had his wife/ girlfriend and baby in tow. The guy was just leave me alone, I told the punk that mans got a wife and kid to worry about, he cant afford to miss work, me though Im not worried about missing work. It was just the right thing to do..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod