Painted Rear Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
6.2L
Hello Everyone! Yes, I have been posting quite a lot lately, I'm getting ready to start restoration on my Body & Frame And I would *LOVE* To find another Genuine Painted Rear Step Bumper like this one, Yes... They did make put them on these trucks from the factory, I've talked to a few people who's been looking for months maybe years? For those that didn't know they also did Front painted bumpers very hard to find though...

So I'm asking those here if you have one like i have in the picture and In/Close to Michigan Considering on Condition I would be interested.
I have found Genuine NOS Bumpers before Mostly... Front, But 1 rear chrome ($1500!) fck that. I can't imagine how much a Painted rear would go for!

This is what I'm looking for.
You must be registered for see images attach

For those that don't believe me here's a photo of a Genuine Front painted bumper 81-82 (more common than 83-87)

83-87.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Can't talk about the front bumper, but when our '85 got wrecked it seemed like the painted rear step bumper was only available from the factory and once the truck passed the threshold of the plant the only replacement from GM was the chrome bumper.

If that's the case, a takeoff painted bumper is all you're going to find.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I have a rear one like yours but chrome

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My bumper is painted.

82Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
6.2L
My bumper is painted.

Nice truck, fits it well. I've only found a few of those white ones even less that are black.

82Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
6.2L
I have a rear one like yours but chrome

Yeah I'd say 80% of them where chrome. I'm just not a Super chrome guy, Maybe on an Old School Cabover or Autocar semi but just not a Pickup truck.

82Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
6.2L
Can't talk about the front bumper, but when our '85 got wrecked it seemed like the painted rear step bumper was only available from the factory and once the truck passed the threshold of the plant the only replacement from GM was the chrome bumper.

If that's the case, a takeoff painted bumper is all you're going to find.

Ahhhh gotcha! That's some very good information thank you! I have found other Take-Off Original Used ones, But I Am Weary of buying an Aftermarket and being 1/2 the quality of the original.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20