Outer CV Axle Boot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84 S15 Jimmy 4x4

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
S15 Jimmy
Engine Size
2.8L V6
That looks pretty rusty for 41,000 miles. Not doubting you but that is pretty bad for low mileage on the truck. Do they salt up the roads in winter where you live? We dont use salt here and our trucks from the 60’s and 70’s still look like new underneath. Anyway, good luck with your truck OP.
It's been in the family since 83/84 (I can't remember), was bought from the dealer at 5k miles, and has spent its entire life on an Iowa farm. I am under the impression that the vast majority of its mileage has been on that farm and the gravel roads nearby. It also sat, rarely used, on the farm for the last 17 years before I picked it up to use while I'm here for college.

Here are some images from when I got it last fall:

You must be registered for see images attach

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
I won't EVER waste my time on a new boot or CV joint. It's about a 20 minute job to replace entire axle, and they're usually under $70. It's not worth the aggravation to try to save the money with a new boot imo. Also, once the joint is rid of lube, it will just be a matter of time before is starts clicking so the new/rebuilt axle is worth the extra minimal expense. Trust me, I've owned Subie BRATS and an '89 K2500 I use for a hunting truck for over 25 years, so I'm well schooled on cv axles! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave