Old77's 1989 S10 tinkering project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I see the interior has been "used" like all the others. Question, is the headliner still up or is it gone? Ted's and Kooper's were both shot. My Bride and I redid the headliner on Kooper's truck just like the guys did here on GMSB. We have another 91 s10 cab and front clip we bought for parts, along with a lwb 2wd rolling frame a friend gave to us. Was gonna put everything we had together and sell to recoup some of our money, BUT the older Grandson, Brody,(79K10) says he wants to build an s10 with a flatbed, so we shall see. MORE projects!!!!
Headliner is there and still in good shape. I honestly think the interior will be mint will new carpet and some seat restoration so it shouldn't take much to get it 100%. I'll probably have that on my to do list this Spring or summer when it's warm again. Shouldn't be too hard of a job.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
So I got the truck up on jack stands today during my lunch break (working at home mostly these days cuz of the Covid) so that I could get a full perspective on what I'm working with underneath. Overall, I didn't find anything that was surprising and already had most of the stuff I need ordered yesterday (shocks, heater core, blower motor, hood release cable,....) so that's good news. Brakes are in good shape. Tie rods, ball joints and other steering components are good for the time being.

The worst thing I saw was the body mounts up at the front of the cab. May have to do some fabrication to replace some of the rotten metal that's up there. :hmm: Driver side is worse than passenger but neither is all that great.

DRIVER SIDE
You must be registered for see images attach

PASSENGER SIDE

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I see the interior has been "used" like all the others. Question, is the headliner still up or is it gone? Ted's and Kooper's were both shot. My Bride and I redid the headliner on Kooper's truck just like the guys did here on GMSB. We have another 91 s10 cab and front clip we bought for parts, along with a lwb 2wd rolling frame a friend gave to us. Was gonna put everything we had together and sell to recoup some of our money, BUT the older Grandson, Brody,(79K10) says he wants to build an s10 with a flatbed, so we shall see. MORE projects!!!!
Got a good solid drivers fender?

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Here's some motivational pics for ya. Lol

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Got a good solid drivers fender?
I do, but I think Brody called dibs on the whole dang thing. So I better wait and see what happens. I have been thinking about a possible road trip to Missouri later this spring. If that happens I have also thought about loading up my enclosed car trailer and filling it full of square body parts and maybe making some money off of you 'Rust infested" people......LOL

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I do, but I think Brody called dibs on the whole dang thing. So I better wait and see what happens. I have been thinking about a possible road trip to Missouri later this spring. If that happens I have also thought about loading up my enclosed car trailer and filling it full of square body parts and maybe making some money off of you 'Rust infested" people......LOL
Theres a big 4x4 truck show in my town in july, youd probly make good money sellin parts at. "Rust infested" :laughing1:i sure am!

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
If ya do give me a holler :)

Now that I have this project I’m on the look out for a clean driver side bed side for a longbed :)

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
After digging thru photo albums I found a couple.

I'd just got it and me and Jimmy were building a deck for it. Covered it with blue and black astro turf.

I'm the long haired mf. Lol

Here's after I put the Iroc rims and tires on it. That's my girlfriend far right sitting on the deck. My sister with the red hair don't remember the other guy and me in the long hair. Lol

Man I loved that truck! Great times!

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
keep an eye on the head gasket and timing gears in that iron duke that is the weak points on it.
TBI throttle shaft wear is not uncommon as well.

The bushings wear out in the throttle shaft.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

I'd just got it and me and Jimmy were building a deck for it. Covered it with blue and black astro turf.

Here's after I put the Iroc rims and tires on it. That's my girlfriend far right sitting on the deck. My sister with the red hair don't remember the other guy and me in the long hair. Lol

Ugly ass stock wheels! What trim level was it? Good lookin baby square though!

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Ugly ass stock wheels! What trim level was it? Good lookin baby square though!

That's why I put the iroc rims and tires on it.

Trim level idk. 2.5 5 speed, crank windows, carpet with a bench seat that when I moved back to Texas I traded a buddy for buckets and center console. Man I miss that one.

That thing handled great tho

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I don't know what year it started, but by the late 80's, the 'Tahoe' trim level got the cloth seat, door panels, carpet, full headliner, deluxe insulation, chrome bumpers, grille and all the bodyside trim.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454

Good looking little rig :) now makes me wanna find the 93 I had as my first truck :)

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Nice looking S10! Great find!

I was never really into S10s back in the day. Been a squarebody fan before squarebodys were even cool! Lol

But gf at the time, wife of 25 years now, got a black S15 Jimmy ST for commuting down to college. (Wasn’t my first choice, I found her a cherry 5.0 LX fox body Stang for 1/3 the price but her dad thought differently)

That thing was super nice. Looked good too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1