Oil Leak Pissing Me Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
******* oil leak is back, I'm about to burn the truck to the ground. I'm going to take it to a friends shop and put it up on the lift, and see if we can find the problem.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
******* oil leak is back, I'm about to burn the truck to the ground. I'm going to take it to a friends shop and put it up on the lift, and see if we can find the problem.
Ill tell you how Im going to fix my oil leaks, Im pulling motor and trans out, tearing them apart, all new gaskets, paint, and maybe a little chrome. Gunna TKO my damn leak!:boxing:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One

I'm in the same boat.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I'm in the same boat.

Except for the part where you'll talk about doing it for 3 weeks, ignore everybodies advice, whine about how GM sucks and you're going to buy a Ford, and then post a new thread 3 weeks later about the exact same thing.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Except for the part where you'll talk about doing it for 3 weeks, ignore everybodies advice, whine about how GM sucks and you're going to buy a Ford, and then post a new thread 3 weeks later about the exact same thing.

You lost me, bro

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One

What heck are you talking about on 3 weeks later part? I only have access to shop on every other week.

rainyraven

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10 cheyenne
Engine Size
ok most likely this is not your oil leak.. but I had put a new motor in my truck and replaced all gaskets... truck would get warm and going down the high way it would leak making a huge effing mess, then it would stop.. long story short I forgot to put a bolt in the hole right there where the fuel pump goes.. in the front of the block there is a hole.. it goes all the way through maybe I'm the only guy who had to learn that the hard way I never noticed because the hole never left much trace of it being the problem.. sounds stupid on paper :( anyway it was driving me nuts and I almost took the motor out! I had dropped the oil pan twice timing cover twice.. anyway make sure there is a bolt in there!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
ok most likely this is not your oil leak.. but I had put a new motor in my truck and replaced all gaskets... truck would get warm and going down the high way it would leak making a huge effing mess, then it would stop.. long story short I forgot to put a bolt in the hole right there where the fuel pump goes.. in the front of the block there is a hole.. it goes all the way through maybe I'm the only guy who had to learn that the hard way I never noticed because the hole never left much trace of it being the problem.. sounds stupid on paper :( anyway it was driving me nuts and I almost took the motor out! I had dropped the oil pan twice timing cover twice.. anyway make sure there is a bolt in there!

Make sure the bolt that gets installed in that hole is a short one. That hole goes straight through to the fuel pump push rod, it's used during fuel pump installation. You thread in a long bolt to hold the rod in place while you bolt the fuel pump to the block. Then remove that long bolt and install a short bolt to plug the hole.

That hole is not there on many later blocks that originally had FI.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
If I had hair......I would be pulling it out. I checked my oil, due to the oil leak, and I now have water in the oil, not a lot, when I took the breather off to add oil I noticed the whitish looking crap on the breather. I'm thinking when I replaced the intake manifold gasket a few days ago, one of the water jackets didn't seat like it should. I don't think it is a blown head gasket, because I don't have bubbles in the radiator. Anybody want to buy a cheap truck......a truck cheap. LOL does anyone have any suggestions?

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker

Ben that's a damn good call, but my problem is my pan is dry, my leak is somewhere on the backside of the motor.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
If I had hair......I would be pulling it out. I checked my oil, due to the oil leak, and I now have water in the oil, not a lot, when I took the breather off to add oil I noticed the whitish looking crap on the breather. I'm thinking when I replaced the intake manifold gasket a few days ago, one of the water jackets didn't seat like it should. I don't think it is a blown head gasket, because I don't have bubbles in the radiator. Anybody want to buy a cheap truck......a truck cheap. LOL does anyone have any suggestions?

When my head cracked i didn't get water in my oil, only out the exhaust, so hopefully that is better news for ya.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size