New to clutch questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
So lately I've been leaning heavily toward putting an SM465 in my Suburban. The NV4500 will come way later when I have more money. I'm looking to run a hydraulic setup, not the Z bar. I've helped people swap transmissions and install clutches but never did a swap myself or looked into the parts required.

I can get a complete 465/205 setup for about $300 here with the manual bellhousing. A guy near him is selling a hydraulic bellhousing for $200 (it looks brand new, maybe nos). Not sure if I am going that route or adapting the manual to hydraulic.

In either situation I need a flywheel and clutch. Currently running a 350 so I know I need one for an internally balanced engine but will any flywheel work? Are there certain sizes I need? Do all flywheels have the same bolt patterns for the pressure plate? Any other info I need while browsing Marketplace for one? TIA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk