NV4500 Vibration in neutral - and with clutch fully disengaged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ifyasquintitsmint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Swapped in a 94 NV4500 into my 84k10 and mated it to a 05 Gen 5.3L LS.
I used the 1050 Flywheel, and a 94 clutch kit. Went with AA bellhousing and hydraulic slave.

In neutral and with the clutch fully disengaged I'm getting serious vibrations. I've been wondering if I've gotten the wrong clutch and if the clutch isn't fully engaging/disengaging.

I'm going to pull the trans down and check everything. Can anyone recommend a good guide on how to gauge if the flywheel is in spec, if the clutch if engaging correctly and if my pilot bearing is the problem?

I've seen that most people run the LUK 04-201 instead of my clutch and I might order one of those to swap out.

EDIT:
I've read Squareroots post about using the Mcleod clutch. I'd prefer a stock clutch if possible but if I cant figure it out I'll try that.

Last edited:

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Flywheel and/or clutch is not neutral balanced.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If the clutch and flywheel are the suspect it shouldn't matter if the clutch is engaged or not. I would suspect the throw out bearing, input shaft or pilot bearing.Is this transmission new or rebuilt? How does it shift while driving?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod