New sbc 400 blueprint engine keeps fouling plugs with gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

potent rodent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
butch
Truck Year
86 and 78
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 and 305
u said they have held up do u have 2 power valves ?

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

AutoMeter 2698 - AutoMeter Z-Series Tachometers​

I did a write up on the dash mods to get the gage to fit and work. Not hard, but takes some time, but for me worth it. I also use an A/F ratio gage, best tuning tool one could have. Cluster mod etc start on page five. Hope this helps!

Thanks will have to sit and read!

matt4426

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K35
Engine Size
Adjust the carb jetting. Cam specs looks pretty good for street use.

potent rodent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
butch
Truck Year
86 and 78
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 and 305
Adjust the carb jetting. Cam specs looks pretty good for street use.
thats a pretty aggressive cam for the street , and its on a 110 lsa would be a pain to drive on the street hope he has a good converter

matt4426

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K35
Engine Size
thats a pretty aggressive cam for the street , and its on a 110 lsa would be a pain to drive on the street hope he has a good converter
I would think the 110* LSA would give him more low end torque and low to midrange power. The duration numbers are pretty reasonable for a street car too. Got to have some oomph to get a pickup moving. IMO 110* LSA is about as low as you would want for a street vehicle running vacuum brake booster and a stock TC.

JBswth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
292 cubic inches
I think that carb is just too damn big. You can try 1 step hotter plugs, but if that doesn't help, it has to be the carb. It might be jetted for track, rather than street use. Do not try to go hotter than 1 step. You might burn holes in the pistons.

JBswth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
292 cubic inches
Also, you have a racing engine that you are trying to use in a street-driven vehicle, so your plugs are going to occasionally foul no matter what, unless you take it out and race it.

HEG77k10

Reaction score
First Name
Hayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy k10
Engine Size
400 stroker
Here’s kinda the situation now.
I got a autometer afr gauge with an o2 sensor. At an idle right now it’s around 10.7-11.3. Roughly. When I’m driving and just barely touch the throttle it leans wayyy out and stumbles like crazy, gets up to 17 on the gauge. At WOT it runs perfect with no stumble and sits around 13-13.5. Right now primary and secondary jets are 69 and 73. Also changed accelerator pump cam to brown, which is the most aggressive, thought that might change the super lean spike but didn’t make a difference. Going to double check timing but I’m pretty sure it’s where it should be. I jetted down the primary’s to 69 from 73 in hope that it would stop the plug fouling but now it’s has that really lean spike. Any more ideas y’all got is appreciated.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
That’s pretty rich at idle!! No wonder it’s loading up.

Float set too high? Fuel pressure to high? Leaking needle/seat? Debris in the air bleeds?

Once again, call blueprint engines for suggestions. The carb isn’t too big, it’s just not adjusted correctly or something is affecting the fuel curve.

Mark Jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I had a car with a MSD HEI, I often would wash the engine in the car wash. It started fouling plugs after a while, I would replace the plugs and they would foul again, it was the ignition, since then I had a customer with a HEI, same problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84