New from Pennsylvania

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84BanditK10

Reaction score
First Name
Alley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
350 5.7L
Hey everybody, I have a 1984 K-10 Scottsdale named Bandit that I'm currently making into a mud truck! I bought it completely stock, I did a motor swap and dropped a 350 Goodwrench in her. Still sittin stock but by late next year to about 2 years she'll be sitting on a 10-15inch lift on 40 super swamper boggers! Mommy and daddy aren't helping out, no mechanic needed. A girl shouldn't have to depend on anyone but herself yah know? Self taught so I'm still learning alot about mechanics and such but all I gotta say about that is squarebody or nobody, and bowtie for life♥ Take care :cheers: I appreciate opinions, but please; keep the hate comments to yourself, thanks so much :p

Attachments

• IMG_6603.jpg
    IMG_6603.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 82

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Welcome aboard! :) Don't worry no hate comments to worry about here. We actually have a few female members on here. We welcome everyone from novice to expert! Mostly everybody here is just a bunch of DIYers. I personally have only ever had crooked experiences with legit Mechanics but ill keep my opinion to myself! Also I don't find legit Mechanics to be very knowledgeable beyond what they were brainwashed by what ever shop that apprenticed them :whymewhyme: So good on you for learning! No question too stupid here, so if you need to know just ask. Most everybody on this forum is pretty helpful and polite so hope you like it here! :)

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Oh and nice looking rig! Very solid base to start with

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Welcome! Nice rig! Love the bowtie, where'd you get it from?

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Welcome

84BanditK10

Reaction score
First Name
Alley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
350 5.7L
Thanks guys :)

Oh and nice looking rig! Very solid base to start with
Thanks so much! I'm so glad that this site isn't full of jerks, that makes me feel better haha And thanks! She's my baby :angels2:

Welcome! Nice rig! Love the bowtie, where'd you get it from?
Thanks!!! And I actually hand painted it! Up close you can see the flaws in my stars but hey I'm not complaining :p I did about 3 coats of paint, and a few layers of clear coat.! :)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome to GMSB Allison. Just be warned, while there isn't a bunch of jerks here, just don't be easily offended by some of the guy, ball scratch, garage type humor stuff. This place needs a female touch here and there so don't be easily run off.

Great Project Start.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Nice to see a local PA member. Welcome aboard.

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Thanks!!! And I actually hand painted it! Up close you can see the flaws in my stars but hey I'm not complaining :p I did about 3 coats of paint, and a few layers of clear coat.! :)

I have a couple cars that look good according to the "10 ft rule." Any closer and the blemishes show. LOL That's really awesome you did it by hand! I was hoping it was vinyl, I can barely draw stick folks.

Have some more pics of the rig?

Also, just caught the truck name...my lab's name is Bandit...fitting since he's a naughty little bugger. haha

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Welcome aboard Allison. Nice truck you have there. Good bones to start with.

84BanditK10

Reaction score
First Name
Alley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
350 5.7L
Welcome to GMSB Allison. Just be warned, while there isn't a bunch of jerks here, just don't be easily offended by some of the guy, ball scratch, garage type humor stuff. This place needs a female touch here and there so don't be easily run off.

Great Project Start.

Haha that part doesn't bother me at all, I'm a diesel mechanic in a shop of all guys so I hear that all the time haha I have tough skin, I just get annoyed easily when people hate on my truck. There are a lot of them around where I live, but the ones that do usually have their parents buy them brand new vehicles and don't know how to do hard labor to earn things they want. But hey, not everyone can be as bad ass as us squarebody owners :p

Nice to see a local PA member. Welcome aboard.

Awesome! I don't see too many squares down in the southern end where I live, my truck turns more heads that way haha

I have a couple cars that look good according to the "10 ft rule." Any closer and the blemishes show. LOL That's really awesome you did it by hand! I was hoping it was vinyl, I can barely draw stick folks.

Also, just caught the truck name...my lab's name is Bandit...fitting since he's a naughty little bugger. haha

Haha yeah I know how that is! When I painted my cowl hood I stood too close some parts so there are some runs, but if you stand far enough away you can't see them :p And ahh I'm sorry! Haha just send me your emblem/grill and I'll do it :Big Laugh: Yeah I do have more pics, they on my page or whatever in my album titled Bandit. Awwww! that's cute!

Welcome aboard Allison. Nice truck you have there. Good bones to start with.

Thank you very much! :) She definitely likes to take my money that's for sure.!

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Haha that part doesn't bother me at all, I'm a diesel mechanic in a shop of all guys so I hear that all the time haha I have tough skin, I just get annoyed easily when people hate on my truck. There are a lot of them around where I live, but the ones that do usually have their parents buy them brand new vehicles and don't know how to do hard labor to earn things they want. But hey, not everyone can be as bad ass as us squarebody owners :p

I like your attitude!

And my Ol Pops is a HD Mechanic too :waytogo:

You just need to get on with lifting that old boy! That will shut them up!

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Howdy!

I've done that to a few of my bowties back in "the day". It was just decals trimmed to fit though, no fancy hand painting. Doubt I could do hand painting either, that's impressive.

84BanditK10

Reaction score
First Name
Alley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
350 5.7L
I like your attitude!

And my Ol Pops is a HD Mechanic too :waytogo:

You just need to get on with lifting that old boy! That will shut them up!

Sweet!!! I actually started when I was about 9 because my dad is a diesel mechanic and used to take me to work all the time with him. :p and yeah, I plan on going any where from a 10-15" with 42.5x13.5x15r Super Swamper Boggers by next year. It's going to be my daily/mudder. I want to get a 454, with a 750 Holley Ultra Double Pumper carburetor, I would looove to get a 4speed Muncie. Possibly an LS1 camshaft (because racetruck lol) anddddd an Edelbrock Performer EPS Intake Manifold. Not too much work, but a lot of money I don't have right now haha. I'll try my best to post progress pictures though.

Howdy!

I've done that to a few of my bowties back in "the day". It was just decals trimmed to fit though, no fancy hand painting. Doubt I could do hand painting either, that's impressive.

I wanted to get a camo decal but couldn't find one that I liked too much so I just grabbed my paint and paint brushes and sat in the rocks and painted it lol But thanks :)

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Sweet!!! I actually started when I was about 9 because my dad is a diesel mechanic and used to take me to work all the time with him. :p and yeah, I plan on going any where from a 10-15" with 42.5x13.5x15r Super Swamper Boggers by next year. It's going to be my daily/mudder. I want to get a 454, with a 750 Holley Ultra Double Pumper carburetor, I would looove to get a 4speed Muncie. Possibly an LS1 camshaft (because racetruck lol) anddddd an Edelbrock Performer EPS Intake Manifold. Not too much work, but a lot of money I don't have right now haha. I'll try my best to post progress pictures though.

I wanted to get a camo decal but couldn't find one that I liked too much so I just grabbed my paint and paint brushes and sat in the rocks and painted it lol But thanks :)

That is quite the monster you plan on building! Low gearing will compensate for lower power :) An SM465 with a 205 or an Atlas would work real good. Also an RV cam will build torque right off of idle which is what you want.

Any ways looking forward to seeing you get it done!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rotti_rancher