New Member From Southern Illinois

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618Syndicate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Duramax
New to this site, not new to trucks. Picked up a couple of squares from the widow of a good friend, a dummy low 81 Burb with a 96mm turbo big block, and an 81 CCLBD with an LMM/6L90 combo. Both are in various states of repair, both need quite a bit of love, butttttttt....they're gonna be killer when they're done. Short term plans are to get the burb running soon (turns out that 17lbs of boost is too much for a bone stock tbi 454...) do some routine maintenance to the dually (it runs and drives great) drop the rear end a couple of inches, neaten up the interior, and add a rear bumper.
I already have a bagged OBS dually so the majority of my time and money is going (gone...) into that, but I didn't want either of these two to get away.
I'm a regular at gmt400.com, I see some of the same names over here as well.
I'm a member of the Illinois C/10 Club, if there's any interest in joining, hit me up.
You must be registered for see images attach

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome:

BRetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hi Jeremy,

I originally hail from the 618, a place with so many oil refineries that our HS teams were the Oilers, and the next town over, the Shells. We grew up hating the constant smell of tar and the fact the sky glowed orange at night. I was 30 years old the first time I saw the Milky Way, thought it was just a candy bar. (Scared the crap out of me, honestly.) Now, decades later, I wish I had learned more about the industry, in case I might need to build my own mini-refinery to keep my square going once California bans gasoline!

You can probably guess where I'm from, so give me a hint about yourself. I'm going to throw out a WAG: Redbud, IL

Damn, that 454 turbo has a lot of plumbing!

BRetty

618Syndicate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Duramax
Hi Jeremy,

I originally hail from the 618, a place with so many oil refineries that our HS teams were the Oilers, and the next town over, the Shells. We grew up hating the constant smell of tar and the fact the sky glowed orange at night. I was 30 years old the first time I saw the Milky Way, thought it was just a candy bar. (Scared the crap out of me, honestly.) Now, decades later, I wish I had learned more about the industry, in case I might need to build my own mini-refinery to keep my square going once California bans gasoline!

You can probably guess where I'm from, so give me a hint about yourself. I'm going to throw out a WAG: Redbud, IL

Damn, that 454 turbo has a lot of plumbing!

BRetty
This is funny. I moved here from Los Angeles, and you did the opposite, I grew up in Pasadena. I'm on the opposite side of the state from Red Bud, and a little further south. I'm guessing you lived in the Alton area.

That plumbing is the LMM in the crew cab. The Burb engine bay is empty, the motor is currently on the floor of the shop awaiting installation....

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Howdy from Ohio as well!

I'm AK 99 over on GMT400.

618Syndicate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Duramax
Video of the dually running
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
And the Burb when he first plumbed the turbo in.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350
Welcome to the forum from N. Texas~!~

Great looking dually. Please keep us all informed on your progress often.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well, you’re not fckin around in the power department!
Welcome.
How complicated you reckon it is to get that LMM running in a squarebody? That’s really cool.

618Syndicate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Duramax
Well, you’re not fckin around in the power department!
Welcome.
How complicated you reckon it is to get that LMM running in a squarebody? That’s really cool.
Thanks.
I wish I had answers for you, but my buddy who passed away traded for it already swapped. He was a great mechanic, all I ever did was hand him tools and provide comic relief. I'm happy to take pictures of anything if you think that'd help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linemanjl