New From Maryland

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
:welcome:

rusted nuts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
4cly diesel
Welcome from far west Pa.

410 John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 4bbl 4 speed
Maybe you’ve seen us around? I have the
410 Empanadas food trailer.
I’m off Rt 155.

Last edited:

Krausmotorsport

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Scottsdale
Engine Size
We finally pulled the trigger on a GMC Jimmy. Looking at the K5's all the time. But there were actually less Jimmy's built then the Chevrolet Version. Found a perfect patina 1977 from a Friend down in Houston. Originally from Arizona! Now in MD. This will be setup for the wife's pleasure to tote the kids around. I'll upload some pics later. Lots of changes to come for it but ideally we got the perfect body. Also picked up a new cap this weekend for $50 I'll be sanding down and it has great slide windows and additional wing window for the cap.

Krausmotorsport

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Scottsdale
Engine Size
If for got to add that we also have a 1969 Corvair Ultra Van as you can see in the background. Less then 450 or so built from 1965 to 1970. Has a 110hp air cooled Transaxle under the bed. It's almost 100% Aluminum. No frame, even the control arms are custom made aluminum. The originator was a Engineer for Boeing and built these like a actual aircraft. Lots of the parts he used were for flight.

But here's "Mona" not sure if it's her permanent name but for now that's what were calling it. After Mrs. Mona from the Best Little ***** House in Texas. Since she came up from Houston that's why we decided it.

I've had it for a week yesterday and already ordered Front Bumpers Dash components (woodgrain), New top with sliding windows with Wings ( which I picked up for $50 this weekend) And let the little one play in it for a bit. She loves it!
I hate the word "Project" or "Plans" to do something because it seems in the same sentence when a toy is used in that sentence with those words, it never comes to fruition. Still not sure what to call it......Living? Who knows. But what I do know is it's a blast to Tinker with.

Keeping the Patina, will paint it when the Patina trend wears out in years. But I have a nice LS6.0 that needs a little refresh with a good sounding bump stick and she will get a 4l80e with the original NP205. Somewhere north or 400ish HP for reserve. Retro Sounds and Vintage AC. Everything else will basically stay the same minus the steps. Pulled them off the second day.

However, I'm Looking for a hood to repaint, may go to AMD? This one was repaired from those pesky hinges and caused a crease in the hood. I'll put the Redlines in to replace those. Spray the engine bay with correct color and otherwise have a blast in it. Going to hit it with the southern Poppy's Patina Sauce. And throw the High Sierra Badging on it. Even though it isn't.

You must be registered for see images attach

410 John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 4bbl 4 speed
Nice score on the Blazer.
That camper corvair is cool. I’ve seen the online only. There’s a greenbrier corvair at that garage on rt40.

Krausmotorsport

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Nice score on the Blazer.
That camper corvair is cool. I’ve seen the online only. There’s a greenbrier corvair at that garage on rt40.
You talking about the classic car garage that used to be a bar? They did a ton of work to that place. My wife thinks it's a front for something else. HAHA. J-town has changed over the years and why we moved over to Chestertown.

410 John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 4bbl 4 speed
This place is on the left heading towards Aberdeen. Just an old gas station with a bunch of classic cars sitting there got to waste. They push and old vette in and out everyday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg