New Air Compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

right2bear

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
My cheap Kobalt finally crapped out on me. I ran the crap out of it for the last 9 years now. It just never really was anywhere adequate for my needs, and I always thought about buying a nicer one with more capacity. Well a couple weeks ago, fate had its way with me.

The ol 30 gallon, 1.9hp girl seized up.

I took the opportunity to buy this one at TSC

Ingersoll Rand 80gallon 5hp, dual stage pump!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

So far I love this thing, I was able to run my air grinder continuously the other night for a couple hours polishing wheels for my truck.

It also runs my coats tire changer a ton better!!!

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Nice! I almost got that one, but I got a 60 gallon single stage instead. I probably should have just stepped up lol. It keeps up with blasting and everything, but I have to run two filters and a precooler to keep the water out of the lines.

right2bear

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Nice! I almost got that one, but I got a 60 gallon single stage instead. I probably should have just stepped up lol. It keeps up with blasting and everything, but I have to run two filters and a precooler to keep the water out of the lines.

That 60 gallon is still a very nice unit. I almost got that one too, but decided that I settled last time, and my wife kinda just nudged me and said, "you should just get the one that will work best for you"... who was I to argue lol.:shrug:

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Very nice compressor! I went overkill on mine and got a Quincy 2 stage 60 gallon. Should last longer than I do, hopefully!

right2bear

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Very nice compressor! I went overkill on mine and got a Quincy 2 stage 60 gallon. Should last longer than I do, hopefully!

That thing is sweet! I looked into getting a Quincy, but it was just out of my budget. That thing should last you forever for sure. I had to watch how much I spent, cuz I also bought a car hoist for the shop.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
but I got a 60 gallon single stage instead.
I have an IR 60 gal single stage bought it new in the early 80's(all I could afford)and used the crap out of it, two years ago went on vacation and forgot to turn it off, hose sprung a leak and it ran wild and burned up the motor, replaced the motor and a week later the unit sucked a reed and killed a piston and had to replace the unit, should last another 30yrs again. If it wouldn't of been for my stupidity it probably still be going strong, they are a good unit..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia