Reman IR 5HP Compressor Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I bought a Rand4000 60 gal compressor at an estate sale last May. Guy was a serious pro-wood worker and had more than one of these in his shop. Motor was missing but there were a couple boxes that came with it. One box had new-like pulleys and the other was a new reman 5HP motor. I intended on rebuilding the pump - new motor - and wallah! Well, found the pump was a b@stard design between IR and Devilbis. Everything discontinued 15+ yrs ago so no way to rebuild it (valve plates were very unique proprietary....by design no doubt). So I sold the tank, scrapped the pump and now have this new motor sitting here. Had it checked out and the shop said it is an older reman - everything is new and US or Canadian made. Guy noted how quiet and smooth it ran compared to some of the newer ones. I have no use for it and would like to get at least some of my $ back from the buy. I'd send it on for $200 + ship. The pulleys are free to whoever would want them. Purtee so hate to scrap them - but big enough it wouldn't fit in with the motor (smaller one might). Can get a pic of them if need be. I -might- have some collets (free) for the pulleys to the motor shaft too...dunno.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Seems a real shame to scrap er. Looks real nicey like! I have no use though.
Yeah....it is what it is. I have a new military heater for cheap also that may be going with it as well. They're real popular with the deer camp guys, but no interest there anymore either.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The compressor I have (for keeps) has a Century Magnatek motor on it - made in TN. The governor and switch on the armature was broken (looked like it was made of bakelite) but the local electric motor repair place said they were still available and still made in Bedford OH. Nice. I had new US made bearings installed so letting them finish the refurb.

This IR is too nice (and US made - rare) to just toss - was going to see if this electric motor shop had any use for it. As bad as the new chicom IR motors are, and as expensive as their replacements are, was surprised no one wanted this one as cheap as it is. Meh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe