Need help asap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87chevy2500HD

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
R20
Engine Size
7.4L
Okay I have a 1987 Chevy r20 2500 HD 2wd and I want to do a suspension lift can anyone please tell me where to look and is there even a lift kit for my truck I need help any suggestions

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
"ASAP"??

Holy crap! What's going on, man - are you having some type of a lift kit emergency? I hope everything is okay.

All right, here is just one option:

http://www.tuffcountry.com/lift-kits/chevy/truck/

Tuff Country has a large selection. For your truck application, they sell 15 different styles of lift kits. They come in 2,3 4, & 6 inch heights and can be with or without rear blocks, 52" springs, EZ ride or not, etc.... It comes as a complete kit - you shouldn't need much of anything else.

For example, here is what you get when you purchase an EZ -Ride kit for an 87 3/4 ton truck with 52" springs:

You must be registered for see images attach

Look through their catalog, call them for advice and pick out what you would like. When you know what you want, go see your local authorized Tuff Country dealer:

Michigan Truck Spring
3649 Wolf Rd
Saginaw MI 48601
United States

Buy your kit from the dealer and install it (approximate installation time is 4-6 hours). Later that afternoon - when you are all done - your truck should end up looking something like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

BTW - bring plenty of money. It will probably be close to a grand for one of these kits.

Last edited:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
"ASAP"??

Holy crap! What's going on, man - are you having some type of a lift kit emergency? I hope everything is okay.

Haha :) lol

Only thing is he has 2wd

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
step up a tire size

or buy a 4x4 trucks

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
do not lift a 2wd. as far as that goes you will be dollars ahead not to lift any independent suspension vehicle. if I had to lift one I would put a 1 inch body lift then the tallest tires that don't rub. highdesertranger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chype1