Mystery glowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sotakoira55

Reaction score
First Name
Marko
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Hi, tnx for add. My 86 Burb headlight Hi-bulbs glowing dim, and there is apro 2V current, Where i should start looking that mystery fault. Low and high works anyhow, but Hi-bulb stay glowing after change to Low. And sorry for my English.
Yours
Marko
Suburban 1500 6.2D 4x4
Finland

Last edited:

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Low beam has two filaments and high beam should have one. Sounds like wrong headlight or wiring is wrong. Low beam lights up with higher power when on low. When lights switched to high, low beam changes to lower power output and high beam turns on.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
I'd check the wiring at the connection to your headlights. If nothing is crossed and all looks good, check the headlight switch to ensure that there isn't a low powered constant hot there.

Is it at all times? Always with the low beams on, or only after switching from High's to Low's? What about if you just turn on the parking lights, but not the headlights yet?

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Also check the two black headlight ground wires (one on each side) that are attached to the firewall support. If the lights are not properly grounded you may be getting voltage that back feeds somehow to the high beams through another ground path.

Bruce

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Also check the two black headlight ground wires (one on each side) that are attached to the firewall support. If the lights are not properly grounded you may be getting voltage that back feeds somehow to the high beams through another ground path.

Bruce

Was about to type the same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512