wiring to glove compartment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Close, Its a GVWR manufacturer sticker... It will be similar to the one in the door jamb that Auroragirl posted.
You must be registered for see images attach

On the other side of the glove box latch would be the SPID label. It would have been big and covered most of the inside of the glovebox door. It would be right underneath where the red shop rag is in your pics. They were sometimes on a fenderwell in the engine compartment also in certain years. The SPID sheet looks like this:

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Or camper loading if its a camper special as auroragirl posted.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@AuroraGirl, @Bextreme04,

THAT'S IT!! Well I'll be. Man, there's a lot of it missing on mine. There is no sign of anything ever being inside the glove compartment the size of the SPID sticker though. I wonder if I could find another one, blank, that I could type in the info. I have an old electric type writer from the '60's. I wonder if it would work for duplicating the same kind of type? But really, I'm not doing a resto. That may have meant something 25 years ago when I used to take it to car shows and show it. I still won a bunch of trophies without it. The judges weren't interested in looking inside the glove compartment. Otherwise I sure would have got points off.

I read a thing on the internet the other night that was an ad from some guy who was selling his services for duplicating these kinds of stickers. He said that it took a lot of research to find the correct kind of type so that guys who needed certain kinds of sticker for doing restoration work on their cars could get him to redo their stckers from a blank one. He said on the ad for his thing that all they would need to come up with was the kind of info the sticker had on it from their car.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@AuroraGirl,

I've never had any stickers like those inside my door jam. The only thing I have had is that metal plate with all that kind of info on it. That I took off and after the doors were done being painted I put it back on the drivers side door opening where it came off. I pop riveted it just like it was on there.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
@AuroraGirl,

I've never had any stickers like those inside my door jam. The only thing I have had is that metal plate with all that kind of info on it. That I took off and after the doors were done being painted I put it back on the drivers side door opening where it came off. I pop riveted it just like it was on there.
Different years, different info, different stickers, different truck weight classes etc

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
I'm just curious if your problem was having a lighted glove box why not just pop a brighter LED in the cab light? I put one in my K5 and it's bright enough to where I can see what is in the back of the rig behind the rear seat when necessary, much less what is in the glove box, and I don't even have the back light hooked up.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I'm just curious if your problem was having a lighted glove box why not just pop a brighter LED in the cab light? I put one in my K5 and it's bright enough to where I can see what is in the back of the rig behind the rear seat when necessary, much less what is in the glove box, and I don't even have the back light hooked up.
he prob wants it to work separate the entire cab lighting

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yes, @AuroraGirl, that's it. I didn't understand why my year truck didn't have a glove compartment light when other models did. So, I found a glove compartment light in a truck at one of my local wrecking yards but the darn thing was a big as a football! Not really, just joking, but it was a lot bigger than the LED I put in mine. I like mine better even though it wasn't stock like. I also need a ash tray light to. Some models had them. And fortunately I found one that has a colored shade made onto it that's "blue", a thin film inside of the housing. But, it to is big. So I will probably do another ash tray light similar to the glove compartment light.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Yes, @AuroraGirl, that's it. I didn't understand why my year truck didn't have a glove compartment light when other models did. So, I found a glove compartment light in a truck at one of my local wrecking yards but the darn thing was a big as a football! Not really, just joking, but it was a lot bigger than the LED I put in mine. I like mine better even though it wasn't stock like. I also need a ash tray light to. Some models had them. And fortunately I found one that has a colored shade made onto it that's "blue", a thin film inside of the housing. But, it to is big. So I will probably do another ash tray light similar to the glove compartment light.
fiber optic custom would be your best friend

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@AuroraGirl, Pics.
The above pic shows that it would have clipped into a square opening in the metal, probably.
The above pic shows the insert and the silver colored end "snaps" onto the black plastic part. Once snapped together the plastic part would rotate inside the metal part. I don't know why the metal end could rotate, it didn't do anything by turning. Like, you couldn't turn the light away for less light since the clip part was welded onto the rest of this hood over the bulb. But other than that, the metal part is designed to turn. The grounding of the bulb is made into the plastic part. There are contacts on each side of the socket for the bulb. So it's kinda strange. I haven't taken the bulb out yet so I'm not sure what type it is. It does look like a 1445.
And in the above pic I have put a flashlight into the metal end to show the color of the film made inside of it. So this light would shine blue, into the ash tray, or glove compartment, or whatever it would be used for. I believe this type of light to be old even though I did find it in a truck like ours. I remember these lights in older cars.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes