LS Swap engine adapters. Which ones?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drivinfst

Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Anyone who has done an LS Swap into a K chassis: What engine mount adapters did you use? I purchased Dirty Dingo sliders which claim to fit LS truck oil pan and any transmission combo into the chassis but the oil pan hits the front cross member. Combo is a 2013 truck 5.3 and 4L80E/NP241C into 1979 K15. Anyone else using the Dirty Dingos, did you have to replace the pan or replace/modify the cross member?

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Check out KDS-performance.com, they have some nice brackets that bolt straight to the factory stands. Some quick research over at performancetrucks forum should show you which oil pans work nicely with that setup. The guy that makes the mounts goes by beertestr on there, if you search his posts, you should find the details.

scottybaccus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size
Find my intro thread and see what I offer. You can also see them on my shop FB page, below. They were developed for 2wd, but might be of use.
If not, contact me via email of FB message and I'll see what I can do for you.

dougbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
doug
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500/nv4500/np241c/33x12.50x16/4.10 Gears 14BFF
Engine Size
5.3L - 2002 Silverado, rebuilt top end, long tube headers
Anyone who has done an LS Swap into a K chassis: What engine mount adapters did you use? I purchased Dirty Dingo sliders which claim to fit LS truck oil pan and any transmission combo into the chassis but the oil pan hits the front cross member. Combo is a 2013 truck 5.3 and 4L80E/NP241C into 1979 K15. Anyone else using the Dirty Dingos, did you have to replace the pan or replace/modify the cross member?

I went with the Dirty Dingo as well, and yes I had to cut a bit out of the crossmember for the driver's side front point of the engine doesn't hit.

I also pushed the motor BACK, so that my driveline is in the proper place. All else seems just fine.

dougbert

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1