LMC pre bent fuel and brake lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Griz

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K or V10
Engine Size
Hello,
I picked up a 87 k10 project the previous owner had already stripped down. It came with some new pre bent fuel and brake lines from LMC. Having never seen the originals in place I'm having a hard time determining the exact routing of the four lines on the passenger frame rail. Fuel supply, fuel return, vapor and brake line all run on that frame rail if I understand correctly. There are plenty of strap mounting holes on the rail but with the spaghetti mess of lines I hadn't been able to determine exact routing. Do all four lines pass behind the motor mount? Does anyone have good pictures of these lines all strapped in place together?
I appreciate any help.

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
Yes, they run down the passenger side frame rail. There might be a rubber hose transition if you have carburator over the rear drive axle hump.
You cannot re-use the rubber hose for a safe TBI set up.

My 87' Blazer lines pass across the 700R4 bell housing on FLEX lines and the hard lines connect where the bell housing ends and the transmission body starts, in the passenger side frame rail. C-10 trucks with dual side tanks are different than a single rear tank fuel line config.

If you do not have the flex lines, you want to buy them from Canada or search my sig for the fuel line thread I posted last year.

If you have specific questions, please email me directly, if I can be of further service.
The OP for the fuel line info was "Georgia". She posted very detailed pictures and the information there will answer almost all of your questions.

Hope this helps.

dhartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
@Griz or anyone else tha has used them, what is your opinion of the quailtiy of those lines. I bought some copper/nickle line to make my own but really curious if we should just go with the pre-bent. I would do the stainless of course over the steel oviousley. But Thoughts Anyone?

Jgonick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've used the dual tank cross over lines from LMC. They seem fine so far.

Rickf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
1974, 1954 & a 1937
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Pre-bent lines are also bent to fit into the packaging and don't always straighten out like needed. I put pre-bent stainless in my old 2005 Sierra, would only use them again on a bare frame. There was too much stuff in the way for easy routing resulting in mass consumption of adult beverages.

Griz

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K or V10
Engine Size
I'm curious to see what other people's experiences have been. I had the fuel line in the best I could figure. Then tried the return line and didn't have much success with routing. I don't know if I used any of the correct strap mounting holes just what best seem to line up. I gave up on the return line because I had made so many tweaks to it it wasn't factory anymore. I moved on to the brake lines. They are pretty straight forward from the proporting valve back to the front brakes but again after that it wasn't so clear and I ended up removing the fuel line that I thought was pretty good so I could use several of those mounting holes for the brake line. Brake lines now look pretty good but to line up all the offset bends with what they were intended to go around the ends where they are supposed to be coupled in the middle go past each other by an 1 1/2. So I have to cut and splice a piece in anyway. I think I'll probably bend my own stainless line for fuel. I'm trying to determine if I really need a return line for a carburated 454. Thinking to keep it simple just get an older 3 port valve and eliminate return.

Griz

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K or V10
Engine Size
I havnt gotten to the crossover lines yet. I hoping in 4' they cant be so confusing.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I've used lines from LMC, inline tube, etc. for a few different cars and have never had luck making them fit as original. If you buy a $100 line straightener it helps. I've spent a few hundred on line tools and can make some lines myself ok.

I'm fortunate now that there is a place near me in Phoenix that makes and installs cheaper than I can buy them online or make myself. It was $240 if I recall for them to make fuel lines carb to a rear mount tank and all my hydroboost lines installed. A hydroboost line kit was $200 on Summit and I still would have had to assemble and install. Dropped it off, picked it up the next day.

I'd see if there are any line shops in the area.

Jgonick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Front is differential vent
Then brake lines
Rear is passenger side tank vent
The empty bracket is for power steering lines

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I bend whatever I need myself. I do this frequently in my shop, so I have a good flare tool and buy the line in Sticks, or get a roll when I need more that 3 or 4 feet.

Old Guy Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I just did a complete brake and fuel line install on my ‘78 long bed.
Stainless from Inline Tube for the brakes, LMCs steel for the fuel.
All mine run under the motor mount, but later years they went over.
Some trucks the return line was on the outside of the frame.
Start in the middle of the run and work each way, the bends for the shock mounts etc..

Use a small hand bender and a rubber mallet.

Griz

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K or V10
Engine Size
Thanks for all the help and pictures. That video was very helpful. The most complete look.

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
I bought my front brake lines from inlinetube.com

Forum statistics

Threads