Lets see your lifted trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks buddy! I took waaaay too many classes last quarter and just didn't have time to mess with the truck at all. BTW...hope you guys get some cooler weather down there! Most of my fam lives in SE OKC. Spokane Washington and OKC have probably the biggest concentration of squares that I've seen. They are everywhere here and the yards are full of dirt cheap parts lol!

Shhhhhhhhhhhh, don't be telling we are Squarebody heaven here. I keep that my secret.
No, the heat is hell. Fires all over the damn place. Its 110 today. We broke record after record the last few weeks. Today the natioanl news is reporting, for July in OKC we had the highest avg temperature for the month of any state ever and for any month ever. Avg of 89.1 degrees. That takes into account the low temps at night and all. So now OKC will be the considered the hottest city in the USA. We'd get down to 84 for the lows, but with highs in the 110 etc, however they calculate it, it turns out the 89.1 degrees.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
front springs is causing the square wheels feel, I bet it's rough country springs, change them out and it'll ride better.

TheBigTater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
front springs is causing the square wheels feel, I bet it's rough country springs, change them out and it'll ride better.

You're prolly right. The lift was installed by the PO and they did a pretty lousy job (like a lot of the other work they did). I'm hoping to do the long spring swap all around and do an ORD shackle flip, but that prolly won't happen till next winter due to lack of funds. A lot of my problem is probably bad ball joints and tie rod ends too. They're in pretty bad shape, but that's my next project

Camo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 extended cab 4x4
Engine Size
4.8 V8
Dang it. I was gonna post a picture of my crew cab I built awhile back. transferred half way across the continent and had to let her go, But I am starting gathering the parts to build another one as wel speak.

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Dang it. I was gonna post a picture of my crew cab I built awhile back. transferred half way across the continent and had to let her go, But I am starting gathering the parts to build another one as wel speak.

4wd?
:grd:

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size

Hey Camo, I see your location is Mobile - small world. What do you drive, just curious if we've ever met or I've seen your truck around town. Are you on any local boards?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
He is on another board as a different name. Respecting his privacy, you'd have to get that info from him though. I sure hope he decides to hang out here more often than that other place.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
He is on another board as a different name. Respecting his privacy, you'd have to get that info from him though. I sure hope he decides to hang out here more often than that other place.

I gotcha. I figured it'd be cool to have another Chevy guy locally but if he want's to stay private that's fine.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I gotcha. I figured it'd be cool to have another Chevy guy locally but if he want's to stay private that's fine.

:roflbow::roflbow::roflbow: Beleive it or not, you've already stated his other forum ID in the above post but wo the space. That's just crazy. How close can you come wo knowing. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Camo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 extended cab 4x4
Engine Size
4.8 V8
Hey Camo, I see your location is Mobile - small world. What do you drive, just curious if we've ever met or I've seen your truck around town. Are you on any local boards?

Most local boards I am on are motorcycle related. Yes i know hot rod form another fourm. As for my truck I have a crew cab project truck 9 more on that later) adn currently looking for a new tow rig. My transportation is an FJR1300. I ride it everyday rain or shine. I teach motorcyele safety here in Mobile.

Camo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 extended cab 4x4
Engine Size
4.8 V8
:roflbow::roflbow::roflbow: Beleive it or not, you've already stated his other forum ID in the above post but wo the space. That's just crazy. How close can you come wo knowing. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Kinda ironic isnt it Hot rod...

I got started with that forum when it first started adn was the high poster for a long time. Just got tired of some of the forum politics so I took a few year break. Now I am just an average joe over there. Thts fine with me since I am an average joe.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Kinda ironic isnt it Hot rod...

I got started with that forum when it first started adn was the high poster for a long time. Just got tired of some of the forum politics so I took a few year break. Now I am just an average joe over there. Thts fine with me since I am an average joe.

Yeah, it was Ironic as hell. Here I'm saying respecting privacy, and at first glance, I'm thinking oh, OK, he already knows him too. :crazy:

I was #2 poster there only person ahead of me was Mud. Guess he didn't wan't me to pass him up so he banned me for making light and pointing out that he was belittling members and that is wrong for anyone to do it, but for a Mod to be doing it is even worse. Calling members stupid, and it wasn't a horseing around or playing fashion. I got banned and one of the 2 week old newbies. Its not been the same since and about 60-70 people went with me and that newbie to another forum leaving it a ghost town for a few months. Slowly posts picked back up but I've posted maybe 30 posts there in the last 3 years if that. You stil can't say scrapping, Hummer, or jacking over there without it being ********. Ridiculous. No loss though. The people who I care about that where there, know to get int contact with me and vice versa.

Camo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 extended cab 4x4
Engine Size
4.8 V8
Funny i actually got band over there a long time ago too, but it got reinstated. I have probally made 10 posts over there in the last 3 years..

Anyhow back on topic over here. :Sumo:

Your41Plague12

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350 SBC (350 HP)
You must be registered for see images

Here's the 3 most recent pics of mine. Sorry for the bad quality. If my truck wasn't 140 miles from me right now, I'd get some more.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Dude that thing is a monster.

Latest posts

Forum statistics