knob removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crpntr78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Have a question (not sure it's in the right thread) I'm needing to change out a fan speed switch on my A/C, heater assembly but can't get the knobs to come off. Other than just pulling, with no result? Anybody here with a trick for that? Thanks

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
My 80 does not have a knob for the blower, but does for the mode selector and temp slide.

Don't remember having to take those off, though - take the dash bezel off and take the ac switch out of the dash.

Seems like the blower switch was just held in place by a couple of screws to the main ac switch.

Britt

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
If just the fan speed switch is being changed, you can crawl up under the dash. If you have a/c remove the vent tube, I think I had my radio out when I did it so that may help but you can access the screws on the back, then the knobby guy on the switch does just pull off, it’s just really tight on there. You can try to rock the knob in the same line as the switch and pull it off

crpntr78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Okay, thanks for the replies.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Have a question (not sure it's in the right thread) I'm needing to change out a fan speed switch on my A/C, heater assembly but can't get the knobs to come off. Other than just pulling, with no result? Anybody here with a trick for that? Thanks

You're talking about these right?

You must be registered for see images attach

If so, there is no trick to getting them off. You just have to go Neanderthal on their asses. I wrap them with a little piece of rag (to protect the finish), grab on with a pair of Channelocks and then pull/wiggle on it. It will eventually pop off. Wiggle it parallel to the wide surface.

You must be registered for see images attach

crpntr78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thank you Mr. Chengny, that's exactly the information I was looking for.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512