What is you headlight setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dapperben

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
We just did a Dapper Lighting FourSix BiLED kit on our shop truck. They came out awesome.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Attachments

• IMG_BE04D7EE8621-1.jpeg
    IMG_BE04D7EE8621-1.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_B6C6946EFB55-1.jpeg
    IMG_B6C6946EFB55-1.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7621.jpg
    IMG_7621.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7604.jpg
    IMG_7604.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 27

dapperben

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
@dapperben dang that looks fresh as hell!
Thank you sir! We're seeing a ton of squarebody owners coming to us so I figured we'd hop on the forums and see what the lighting scene was like. If you guys have recommendations or suggestions for parts (lighting, billet, carbon), feel free to voice them out. We're looking to expand our selection to you guys!

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I've got the Hella e-code lamps to install - they use the H4 and H1 bulbs. Have heard of some using HIDs or LEDs in them, but no idea how well they work.

Cibie was the very best for pattern and light, but they are long gone now.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
I used these, little roundy round with the company with wrong parts. but overall happy with the improved light, difficult to aim. Low beams shown, huge difference! High beams later replaced as well
I almost bought from them till I seen all The current BBB complaints. Good thing you got what you paid for :happy160:

GMC_Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350 sbc
Relays hooked up to some sealed beams and led 1157s in a factory housing 81-82 bumper hooked also on a relay and to a switch. Super bright but not overly bright and can see great. I do lots of night driving and have no issues seeing ahead even during rain.
You must be registered for see images attach

Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 "Big 10"
Engine Size
350 4-bolt
I have the 9003 sealed-beam replacements as well - the type with the crystal-clear lens (no fluting) and the facetted reflector, but I have not installed them yet.
I honestly have not gotten to drive the truck yet. Soon, hopefully. I have driven enough older vehicles with sealed-beam lights, however, to know that those bulbs are absolute $#!+... Especially with old wiring causing electrical resistance and making the already dim bulbs dimmer.

Sorry, @DoubleDingo, but I will be using the obnoxious LED plug-and-play 9003 bulbs.
My part of Texas thinks streetlights and sidewalks are of the Devil. I'd rather irritate another driver for a few seconds than hit a pedestrian walking on the side of the street.
The bulbs I use are only 10k lumens (about 5000 apiece) though - less than many new cars with factory LED or HID lights - and I actually take the time to properly aim my lights to minimize dazzling. While 10k lumen is about 5x brighter than halogen bulbs, it's more the pure white 5000K color I'm after than anything. The warm 3000K of halogen bulbs absolutely disappear in heavy rain to the point that I might as well not have my headlights on at all. Not a good place to be in poor weather. The bright blue 8000K+ bulbs are equally as bad, and in my opinion, because they are BLUE, they should be an impoundable level of illegal. However, light color in the 5000-6500K range is the perfect color to cut through the rain and light up road signs and reflectors down-range.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
I have the 9003 sealed-beam replacements as well - the type with the crystal-clear lens (no fluting) and the facetted reflector, but I have not installed them yet.
I honestly have not gotten to drive the truck yet. Soon, hopefully. I have driven enough older vehicles with sealed-beam lights, however, to know that those bulbs are absolute $#!+... Especially with old wiring causing electrical resistance and making the already dim bulbs dimmer.

Sorry, @DoubleDingo, but I will be using the obnoxious LED plug-and-play 9003 bulbs.
My part of Texas thinks streetlights and sidewalks are of the Devil. I'd rather irritate another driver for a few seconds than hit a pedestrian walking on the side of the street.
The bulbs I use are only 10k lumens (about 5000 apiece) though - less than many new cars with factory LED or HID lights - and I actually take the time to properly aim my lights to minimize dazzling. While 10k lumen is about 5x brighter than halogen bulbs, it's more the pure white 5000K color I'm after than anything. The warm 3000K of halogen bulbs absolutely disappear in heavy rain to the point that I might as well not have my headlights on at all. Not a good place to be in poor weather. The bright blue 8000K+ bulbs are equally as bad, and in my opinion, because they are BLUE, they should be an impoundable level of illegal. However, light color in the 5000-6500K range is the perfect color to cut through the rain and light up road signs and reflectors down-range.
I'm not the only one that dislikes LEDS. I hate them because of being temporarily blinded. Although, improved lighting is a must nowadays in our older rigs, because the new cars have blinding lights from the factory, and the LED streetlights not being as good as the HPS lights they replaced make the streets darker and unsafe.

Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 "Big 10"
Engine Size
350 4-bolt
I'm not the only one that dislikes LEDS. I hate them because of being temporarily blinded. Although, improved lighting is a must nowadays in our older rigs, because the new cars have blinding lights from the factory, and the LED streetlights not being as good as the HPS lights they replaced make the streets darker and unsafe.
I dunno. A proper LED headlight setup should not dazzle. LEDs that use the same light pattern as halogens and that are aimed correctly should not have much more effect on opposing travel than halogens. Most of the issues with LED lights are units aimed too far up or too far into traffic, or they are units that don’t have the correct light pattern to use on-road, like the sealed beam replacements that are just a field of LEDs. Or they’re those stupid LED light bars…
The bulbs that replace non sealed beam bulbs and use high powered CREE LEDs placed in the same spot as the halogen filament should produce a very similar light pattern, which should limit dazzling.

As far as LED streetlights go, I personally find them easier on the eyes and better at illuminating the road, especially in poor weather, than the outgoing HPS bulbs.

And I know you aren’t the only person who dislikes them. I just saw that you said something about it, so I mentioned you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad