KC Lites to LED?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GregL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 20
Engine Size
Hey Guys!
Does anyone here know if there is a direct replacement LED bulb for my 70's style KC's? They are the typical 6 inch lights.
Appreciate any and all input.
Greg
You must be registered for see images attach

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
These Baja Designs LP-4's are $800.00 for the pair, I think $116.00 is expensive, until you compare it to what else is available.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I’m wanting to convert some lights I have as well but, damn, $116 EACH!
Cheap 30-40" lightbars go for $350+, I'd bet 3 or 4 of these would blow a cheap lightbar out of the water. You get what you pay for with lighting, the 9 year old Rigid 20" bar on my RZR ($650 when I bought it in 2013) washes out and casts shadows across way bigger brand new cheap lights.

GregL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 20
Engine Size
Ouch!
Thanks for the leads guys. I guess I've been out of touch too. $500 for 4 bulbs is a little tough for me to justify. I guess I'll just stick with my ancient incandescents for now. ;)

GregL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 20
Engine Size
I just took a snoop on eBay and found these:
Price seems very fair at $160 for 4 LED lights. I wonder if a guy could adapt these to fit my housings?

Last edited:

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
I just took a snoop on eBay and found these:
Price seems very fair at $160 for 4 LED lights. I wonder if a guy could adapt these to fit my housings?
You would need to consider how to let the heat out of the existing housings. The huge fins on the back of the LED lights to disperse heat would probably overheat inside a closed housing. The ones I have installed produce a lot of heat.

GregL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 20
Engine Size
I agree about the modern look not being correct. I like the look of the old style bulb better too, but there's just no comparison in the amount of light projected by the two different styles. Plus when I turn the 4 KC's on, I can see a pretty good load registering on my charge system.
Appreciate the info about the heat issue too, thnx.
It was just an idea I'm tossing around. If anyone has a viable idea, I'm all ears.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
I agree about the modern look not being correct. I like the look of the old style bulb better too, but there's just no comparison in the amount of light projected by the two different styles. Plus when I turn the 4 KC's on, I can see a pretty good load registering on my charge system.
It was just an idea I'm tossing around. If anyone has a viable idea, I'm all ears.
I would take one of your existing KC lights apart and figure out if its a sealed beam like a traditional headlight or if it has the smaller replaceable bulb. They make some of both type of bulb in LED that looks very much like a traditional/old school/vintage types. You might find something you like that won't change the "look" of the KC lights. If you are lucky and they are the same size as Jeep sealed beam headlights, you should have several choices.

Maybe something like this.

H6024 Dual Beam Sealed Beam LED Headlight Conversion Kit​

GregL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 20
Engine Size
Now THAT would be a great idea!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
But do you really take that truck out in the bush where you’d actually need those lights? Looks too nice for boonie bashin and the “look” is more important than the performance of the lights.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk