just got my k5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pdogg

Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
350FI
been looking at the pics of all the lifted trucks and cant wait to do mine. 85 k5 blazer was my granpas, then it was passed to my dad and now its mine. looking for ideas, shes all stock except for a fuel injected 350 out of and 89. i want to go up and big for sure. great forum guys.
this is only pic i have right now, pulling a uhaul full of shop tools from dads house in cali to Texas. She pulls like a mule!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0359[1].jpg
    IMG_0359[1].jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 91

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
If that is as much of a peach as I think it is I would keep it stock and get another to mod to the extreme. Bone stock K5s are getting hard to find, especially if they're in good shape.

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
Definitely a pretty truck. I'm on board with Curt. Instead of modding it up, just keep it all stock, get a set of add a leafs and go for a set of nice A/T 33" tires (or 35's defending on your gear setup) and just appreciate it being all stock, that little bit of lift and tires will still make it plenty fun to own without ruining a nice stock (*hopefully*) rust free truck.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Eh, I say there's nothing wrong with lifting it, it can always be put back to stock. Looks like modding it is a family tradition anyway, since it's got the TBI swapped in. I just don't like seeing a nice clean original truck get the body all cut up and then bashed up on a trail.

Pdogg

Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
350FI
Definitely not gonna be beatin the **** out of this truck, grandpa got it new, dad got it when he died and got it all running perfect. rebuilt a FI 350 out of and 89 and put it in as well as computer, harness and all to make it work. fresh rebuilt tranny and went through the gears as well, and then He died, so i almost feel its my duty to finish her off as badass as my dad would have. We pretty much trick out everything. dont want to cut it up at all. thinking about a 6 inch lift with 36" tires or maybe 8" lift been lookin at all yalls lifted rigs just a droolin!! cant wait.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Nice K5!!! If you mod that make sure that all mods are reversible so that you can go back to stock at any time. Like stated before nice, unmolested, rust free K5's are HARD to find these days and worth quite a bit.

1ATony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
:welcome:

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Sweet, man! A lot of us on here have inherited trucks. That just makes it that much sweeter!

Pdogg

Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
350FI
So i been working on my blazer. doing up the exhaust system, got some hedman headers, 3" header extensions, to 2.5" xpipes and flowmasters. got the factory exhaust out, working on pulling off the manifolds and ssssnap!!! goes one of the manifold bolts, sucks ass!! gonna take a torch to it and see it i can get it out this morning.
ANYHOW,, does anybody know any bracket that i can get to remove the big horseshoe bracket on the driver side going to the alternator/ power steering???

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
So i been working on my blazer. doing up the exhaust system, got some hedman headers, 3" header extensions, to 2.5" xpipes and flowmasters. got the factory exhaust out, working on pulling off the manifolds and ssssnap!!! goes one of the manifold bolts, sucks ass!! gonna take a torch to it and see it i can get it out this morning.
ANYHOW,, does anybody know any bracket that i can get to remove the big horseshoe bracket on the driver side going to the alternator/ power steering???
Does that have the serpentine belt setup from the 89 ???

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
NICE !!! I'll go with Curt and say by all means, being it's a nice one and been all in the family, careful on the mods and don't butcher it up. However, I'm with bucket too. Keeping it reasonable and not getting carried away, a 4in suspension lift can always be undone and not require any other butchering mods. I woudn't go past a 4in though, and I wouldn't do a body lift at all. A 4in lift and some 33 or 35 in tires and call it good enough. I think I'd keep it to the 33in tires since you're going to have the 700r4 if it's not an SM465 manual trans.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Does that have the serpentine belt setup from the 89 ???

If it is he's got to get a pulley tool for the steering pump. I imagine he is talking about the part of the bracket that bolts to the exhaust manifold.

Posted From Hell

Pdogg

Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
350FI
yeah its got the serpentine setup. motor was out of an 89. was hoping to find a sweet looking bracket for that since im in there, it bolts to the back of the power steering pump comes up to the back of the alternator, and also bolts to the front exhaust port on the driver side. was thinking if i had to i could just use studs and nuts and put it back over the header, but wont be so perty. cant wait to fire this thing up, gonna drive it down the backroads to the exhaust shop in greenville, YEEHA!! think im gonna fire it up about 7am backed up to my sons window for a little wake up call

Pdogg

Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
350FI
thanks for all the good suggestions guys

Latest posts

Forum statistics