Irish's pickup from hell, the 454SS.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
From everything i have seen they are like TPI and give up around 4500rpm.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
From everything i have seen they are like TPI and give up around 4500rpm.

Yep, that would be a Peanut Port Big Block.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I've always loved those trucks too! Nice find Iman!

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I've always loved those trucks too! Nice find Iman!

Thanks man, im lovin it way too much. You would think I just scored a Lamborgini or something.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks man, im lovin it way too much. You would think I just scored a Lamborgini or something.

The best part is, Betsy obviously came around and she approves. Kinda what I was getting at with those Dr Phil speeches. Might try to keep things alive with her. It's not often guys come across a woman that will help sand and paint your ride and she did that on the K1500 too. And the fact that she wanted her own project like the Galaxy instead of a sewing machine....know whutta mean???

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
The best part is, Betsy obviously came around and she approves. Kinda what I was getting at with those Dr Phil speeches. Might try to keep things alive with her. It's not often guys come across a woman that will help sand and paint your ride and she did that on the K1500 too. And the fact that she wanted her own project like the Galaxy instead of a sewing machine....know whutta mean???

She is the legal owner of the 454ss, its all in her name. I think she loves the truck more than me.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
And Im done with it for a while, from now on its just little things here and there.

You must be registered for see images attach

Time to go back to work, time to save money and spend them on some pressing issues that need attention. Next thing I do is probably fix the steering column, steering wheel and get rid of that god awful seat. From there its time for some ball joints, wheel bearings, break pads and rotors. Once thats all good its time to deal with some engine issues, just little things here and there.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
And Im done with it for a while, from now on its just little things here and there.

Time to go back to work, time to save money and spend them on some pressing issues that need attention. Next thing I do is probably fix the steering column, steering wheel and get rid of that god awful seat. From there its time for some ball joints, wheel bearings, break pads and rotors. Once thats all good its time to deal with some engine issues, just little things here and there.

Kumho KR 21s...not a bad tire.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Why is this thing, being posted here? It don't look like a square body! did we change the name of the site?

Nah....just ******* with you Jason, I like it, and there is all kinds of things you can do to wake up that motor. Are you going to lower it a little?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
It looks like your driver's door may need hinge pins and bushings. Is it tough to close?

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Why is this thing, being posted here? It don't look like a square body! did we change the name of the site?

Nah....just ******* with you Jason, I like it, and there is all kinds of things you can do to wake up that motor. Are you going to lower it a little?

I knew someone would bring it up there cupcake, I figured I might get away with it considering I have been on the forum for a few years and the truck is pretty square :anitoof:.

As soon as I get some other stuff with it sorted out im going for a new set of heads, full length headers and something better with the TBI. As far as the stance I would like to do 3 inch drop spindles and some lowering coil springs and a axle flip in the rear but as of now its got a good stance so it might stay the same for a while.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
It looks like your driver's door may need hinge pins and bushings. Is it tough to close?

The hinge pins are new, the hinge brackets are bent haha. This guy I got it from is clueless. The door barely catches when you close it, you can see light out of the crack from the inside. Next time I have time I am going to get a new door latch and hinge pins.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I knew someone would bring it up there cupcake, I figured I might get away with it considering I have been on the forum for a few years and the truck is pretty square :anitoof:.

As soon as I get some other stuff with it sorted out im going for a new set of heads, full length headers and something better with the TBI. As far as the stance I would like to do 3 inch drop spindles and some lowering coil springs and a axle flip in the rear but as of now its got a good stance so it might stay the same for a while.

**** Jason for the price you can't bet it. It is diffidently a worth while project.
I was just curious what your plans are for it. I do have a buddy here that has some drop spindles for that year, not sure of how much of a drop, but I could see if he still has them and how much of a drop they are, and how much he wants for them if you would like.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
The hinge pins are new, the hinge brackets are bent haha. This guy I got it from is clueless. The door barely catches when you close it, you can see light out of the crack from the inside. Next time I have time I am going to get a new door latch and hinge pins.

:lol: I gotcha!! hahaha....Is it something that you can fix by taking the door off, bending the brackets back and the door is fixed? or are the brackets bent to bad to do that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROGERDODGER